Stude in fo in Hagerty newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude in fo in Hagerty newsletter

Just got my e-news letter from Hagerty Insurance. They mention Bob Palma and that he advised them that they had made a mistake in reporting that the Studebaker Papers had been destroyed with the closing in Canada. I am getting quite excited about the publicity our favorite marque is getting in the national publications. Thank you BOB.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

I wrote to Hagerty on their error and they replied to me that they already heard from Bob P.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks, Dick. I had to take issue with them because they said 'most everything had been destroyed. That was in their answer to a person who simply wanted information on a possible R-engine in their 1963 Hawk; a question easily answered with extant museum documentation!

We all like the new Studebaker National Museum, but it needs the income generated by document research and selling copies of Production Orders to keep paying the bills.

The Haggerty piece would have people believe there's no need to contact anyone in South bend about historical documents, which is dead wrong. Quite to the contrary, of course: We have some of the best archives in the entire hobby, now preserved in a state-of-the-art facility. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X