This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this stuff gold plated????

I profess to not know much about the value of late '40's car parts, but would hope this stuff is gold plated based on his asking price. I see a set of hubcaps, 3 headlight rings, 2 interior door handles, a bumper guard, 2 gravel guards, front nameplate, trunk handle, a couple of gaskets and some script. However, I am hard pressed to see how it all adds up to $1550. [?]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

There is gold under all that chrome plating...[)]

Randy_G
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

There is gold under all that chrome plating...[)]

Randy_G
      This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Well, it IS NOS ya know.[)] There's a hood ornament too.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Apparently not all of it. If you read his one line description you will see that some of it is used. I have brought home many a running vehicle for a lot less than these few parts.

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Apparently not all of it. If you read his one line description you will see that some of it is used. I have brought home many a running vehicle for a lot less than these few parts.

Comment

I've got a '52 Starliner I'd love to sell to this guy.

My uncle didn't even pay that much for my (his then) Scotsman in 1994.[:0] It was fairly rust free and had an overhauled engine with it. [^]

After some sanding and primer. The Super Bee in the background is still around.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, Georgia
                '59 Scotsman PU
                '63 Daytona HT

Comment

I've got a '52 Starliner I'd love to sell to this guy.

My uncle didn't even pay that much for my (his then) Scotsman in 1994.[:0] It was fairly rust free and had an overhauled engine with it. [^]

After some sanding and primer. The Super Bee in the background is still around.

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, Georgia
                  '59 Scotsman PU
                  '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Matt,

Bought this truck and an old Allis Chalmers B tractor just a 1/4 mile from my barn for $400. Came home that night and listed the tractor on the internet and literally had it sold within 5 minutes for $325. I have $75 in the truck (with a clear title) and it had a brand new battery in it!

Gary

Comment

Matt,

Bought this truck and an old Allis Chalmers B tractor just a 1/4 mile from my barn for $400. Came home that night and listed the tractor on the internet and literally had it sold within 5 minutes for $325. I have $75 in the truck (with a clear title) and it had a brand new battery in it!

Gary

Comment

quote:I have $75 in the truck (with a clear title) and it had a brand new battery in it!
                        Not bad! I've still got you beat though. I got my Scotsman on trade for a restored $2.00 '51 2R16 dump truck. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:I have $75 in the truck (with a clear title) and it had a brand new battery in it!
                          Not bad! I've still got you beat though. I got my Scotsman on trade for a restored $2.00 '51 2R16 dump truck. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Guido

I profess to not know much about the value of late '40's car parts, but would hope this stuff is gold plated based on his asking price. I see a set of hubcaps...

_____________________________________________________________________

Gary; It seems most of the items are from the late 40's except for the set of hubcaps. They are for a Scotsman car which, of course, are 10 years newer than advertised. In fact, the second cap appears to be black while the others are blue. Black was not a standard color for Scotsman vehicles, so this is apparently a dummy used on the spare tire. I suppose it could be from a police car painted black, but doubtful.

Merry Christmas to all my Studebaker friends and may 2007 be kinder to us all!!!!

Frank Drumheller
                            Louisa, VA
                            '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door
                            '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer Fire Truck
                            a hilltop of bedraggled Studebakers waiting for 3 wisemen!!

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Guido

I profess to not know much about the value of late '40's car parts, but would hope this stuff is gold plated based on his asking price. I see a set of hubcaps...

_____________________________________________________________________

Gary; It seems most of the items are from the late 40's except for the set of hubcaps. They are for a Scotsman car which, of course, are 10 years newer than advertised. In fact, the second cap appears to be black while the others are blue. Black was not a standard color for Scotsman vehicles, so this is apparently a dummy used on the spare tire. I suppose it could be from a police car painted black, but doubtful.

Merry Christmas to all my Studebaker friends and may 2007 be kinder to us all!!!!

Frank Drumheller
                              Louisa, VA
                              '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door
                              '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer Fire Truck
                              a hilltop of bedraggled Studebakers waiting for 3 wisemen!!

Comment

Working...
                              X