Superlark Production Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superlark Production Figures

Would anyone like to comment on how much one would pay for a 64 Daytona Superlark in down condition but restorable. Is there any web-sites apart from JTS where there is production figures listed. eg. How many colours,how many manuals,how many automatics, how many made hardtops with packages, or maybe in a Turning Wheels article? I see Mick Float has his R2 Daytona listed with a buy now price, that gives me some indication, but it is a 63 and probably a non package car. Looking forward to your comments,Brian.
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

I sold a 64 package 4 speed R2 HT, needing everything, but running and complete for 12K. Best way to get everything you want in one place is to buy the Super Studebakers book from the museum.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

If you can find a sept 1989 Turning wheels it has production numbers by color, by body style automatic 3 or 4 speed manual, or how many had A/C, twin traction, sport roof, interior fabric, and more.
      As for full package cars there were 0 challengers, 47 Commnders, 9 Cruisers,79 Daytonas 106 Gran Turismo's, and 0 Heavy duty Sedans. If you have a specific question ask and i'll try to get you an answer as there are 21 pages of just 1964 info.
      This is the most important Turning wheels i have pertaining to R cars

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

As for colors on Interior there were
        Blue
        Black
        Brown
        Green
        Red

as for Exterior colors
        Avanti Maroon
        Bordeaux Red
        Midnight Black
        Bermuda Brown
        Golden Sand
        Horizon Green Jet Green
        Laguna Blue
        Strato Blue
        Moonlight Silver
        Astra White
        and Special which were 29 heavy duty Sedans.

Now for engines

R1
        1 Challenger 41 Commanders 38 Cruisers 111 Daytonas 169 GT's and 30 Heavy duty sedans.

R2
        1Challenger 25 Commanders 8 Cruisers 48 Daytonas 70 GT's 1 Heavy duty sedan

R3
        1 Commander

R4
        1 Daytona

There were 545 R cars
        390 R1s
        153 R2s
        2 R3 & R4

135 R1 High performance

104 R2 High Performance

Any other Info ask

Comment

There were 27 R2 package Daytonas and another 7 non package. R1 daytonas totaled 31 package and 42 non package. Out of 107 total R1/R2 combos, the 27 full package R2 cars are by far the most sought after. Out of those, 7 are listed as SURVIVING! That is the KEY word here....how many are left after 45 years and and the fact that larks were less cared for or at least driven harder. The Jet Thrust News lists Daytona survivors as follows: 7 R2 package, 0 non package, 5 R1 package and 8 R1 non package. Im sure there are a few more tucked away in barns and garages but the survival rate will be far less than 50%. JDP it looks like you gave that car away as it was one of 7 survivors of the most sought after model and engine option (sure wish I was the guy who bought it) R2 package larks in #1 condition are worth up to 50k. Its all up to the market and what thet will pay, but we are talking about 7 cars in the world(both package and non package)plus a half a dozen or so still hidden. So, based on the fact that there are 7 R2 Daytonas, if someone is looking for one his chances of finding one absolutely suck. A real needle in a haystack. Keep in mind...only 33 were built with superchargers almost 50 years ago!!! All things considered, I would say a title and tags in a plastic sandwich bag are worth 5000 or more. Any car that still has the original frame, etc should be worth 15000. A driver should be worth 25000-30000 and a trailer queen should be a solid 50,000. I know most of the studee guys are casos(cheap ass studebaker owners) but the hard core performance bunch are a different breed....remember the R3 on ebay last year that sold for 25000 for the engine alone? And the white 63 prototype package lark (fast car) brought $53,000. I have seen ONE 1964 R2 daytona for sale in the last 10 years.....thats the problem!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TOMMO

TJDP it looks like you gave that car away as it was one of 7 survivors of the most sought after model and engine option (sure wish I was the guy who bought it) R2 package larks in #1 condition are worth up to 50k.
            It was a win win deal, I made a decent profit and Jeff got a good deal. It took me a few days to talk him into the car, but the rarity sold it in the end and he's doing a first class restoration on the car. BTW, it's red too.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

24 R powered 64 convertibles. 12 R2 & 12 R1. Six of each were package cars. I own the surviving R1 package car.
              Denny L

Comment

1963 Daytonas are the ones that pop up more often as there were a total of 110 with R2 engines so more will be floating around. More people seem to prefer the style in 1964 for some reason, I prefer them as well.

Comment

I would like to throw this one out for your comments. A friend of mine is in the final stages of a full blown, frame off and every thing else off restoration on a 64 full pacakage, R2 Daytona. The VIN is 64V14327. This is a Laguna Blue car with brown interior. It has am/fm radio, 3.73 TT rear and Power Shift trans. This car is being restored with a full Phantom interior and no expense spared on anything. This car was sold here in town at the local Studebaker dealership and has been here ever since.

Lost in the 50's

Comment

My book says that is the only Laguna Blue with brown interior. it list 33 blue, 1 Black and 1 Brown.

Comment

Hi Gang. This is Jeff who purchased JDP's 64 HT R2 4 speed full package car mentioned above. Turns out it is the only one made that is bordeaux red on the outside and red vinyl on the inside.

I am shooting for a 400 point restoration. Not sure how close I will get in the end. Work is progressing at a slower pace than I originally planned. And, I have spend a TON of money on this baby to date with much more to do. But, I am happy with how it is turning out.

Virtually every panel that is removable is NOS (except the doors). I had Westmoreland Restorations (Craig Piper) paint the car. The panel surfaces and paint finish are absolutely flawless. They do great work up there.

The inside of the car is still gutted. I am focusing on the inside firewall area now. I'll have to post a picture or two to show progress. Jeff

Comment

Wasn't the Super Red color offered for a short time in 64?

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

Wasn't the Super Red color offered for a short time in 64?

57 & 58 Packards and Larks
                          There is no record of any 1964 model year cars having been painted Super Red. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Super Red was strickly a late 63 color. I think some 99 cars got this special paint treatment.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TOMMO
                              R2 package larks in #1 condition are worth up to 50k.
                              I agree that they are WORTH that, but I don't believe any have ever SOLD for that. In fact, I don't believe any stock post war Studebaker (Avanti included) has ever sold for $50k. I could be wrong. Does anybody have any examples that have?

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X