July 2009 Hot Rod, studebaker tidbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2009 Hot Rod, studebaker tidbit

There is an interesting article in the July 2009 Hot Rod Magazine about the first production model Kurtis. The Stude related part is that it had a 48 Studebaker Champion front planar suspension (including a nice photo of the suspension in the mag).

If you have not looked at a Hot Rod magazine in a while, you might be suprised at how good it has getten in the last 2 or so years! This is bound to continue with the return of David Freiburger to the helm (a great editor).
    Enjoy,
    Brian

54 Champion coupe
    48 Champion Convert
    54 Champion coupe
    48 Champion Convert

Ditto on the David Freiburger return, Brian; the magazine has become much better. But aren't the finances/viability of the parent company now in question? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Ditto on the David Freiburger return, Brian; the magazine has become much better. But aren't the finances/viability of the parent company now in question? BP
      The parent company is Source Interlink and yes, they filed for bankruptcy. I think they have about 75 car related magazines. Hopefully the strong will survive.

David Freiburger also is the editor of Hot Rod Deluxe. He knows his cars and car history. [^]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Just got mine in the mail this afternoon, but haven't been to the bathroom yet to read it
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 54stude

There is an interesting article in the July 2009 Hot Rod Magazine <snip>
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I saw David Freiburger at Maxton in April and thanked him for the HRD article with all the pictures of gassers that were out of the traditional realm, they included several Studebakers.

David does know his stuff and I too am glad to see him back at the helm of Hot Rod and HRD.

I saw the section bout the Kurtis and the Studebaker comment. I enjoyed that comment a lot.

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
          X