PDA

View Full Version : Free to good home-1950 Champion 2 door sedan

Lothar
05-17-2009, 08:49 PM
This is my parts car. Not much left but sheet metal, chassis and front bumper. No reusable glass. Driver's door is there, but no passenger door. Front clip is good and straight, except for some rust around the vents. Hood is useable, trunk lid rusted at hinges. All chrome is gone, except front bumper which is slightly dented, but useable. Its free because:
1) it needs to be moved by mid-June (if you're coming to Cedar Rapids you MIGHT be able to persuade the farmer whose land its on to give you until mid-July to pick it up, but I have no control over it after June 15)
2)its in the center of the US,
3) YOU HAUL IT, and
4) I'm a nice guy

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/lotharhp/DSCN4983-1.jpg

I took the headlight buckets after this photo was taken, and I know someone who's interested in the heater and defroster, although I could be persuaded to sell those parts cheap if you take the car.
This was a western Kansas, now a central Nebraska car, so it isn't rotten with rust. Even the floor pans still seem ok. Engine and OD tranny are there (out of car) but engine is siezed. Chassis, running gear, rear end and rims are all still there, and you're welcome to them.
By the way, I talked to a guy nearby today who has two restorable 1964 Commander 4 doors (1-V8, 1- straight 6), and a 1959 or 60 Lark station wagon (mostly there, but probably just a parts car) that he would sell for $300 or $400 each, if that makes it more worthwhile to come out and get my Champion.
If you're interested, email me offline.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
Holdrege NE

bams50
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
I'd like to get it just to save since I'll be delivering a car to CeRap and going home with a (thus far) empty tow dolly. But being that I'll arrive Monday afternoon and have to start for home Thursday afternoon, I won't have time to make much of a side trip to pick something up:( Hopefully somebody can grab it and make use of it.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131