This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '58 Scotsman Frontiersman?

Wow! Either someone at the Studebaker National Museum is smoking something or the owner of this '58 Scotsman 2 door sedan on eBay is!! [:0][:0] "I contacted the studebaker musuem and gave them the vin # and they said it was a frontiersman" Where do you suppose they got that? I would think he would not make that up, unless he somehow got it wrong.
    "the musuem said they only made this car for six months" also not likely! Looks like an ordinary '58G-F1 to me! He seems to know it's a Scotsman, his title says: 1958 Studebaker Scottsman/Frontiersman.
    "Here is the link:

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

I doubt whether this guy ever contacted the Museum or that they told him that. He probably heard it from some guy who was looking at his car. Like the guy who said that Studebaker stopped making the 289 V8 because they sold it to Ford. When people emailed him about it, he said that everyone who had looked at the car had told him that. I have heard many times people telling a friend, at a car show, information that was wrong about Studebakers. At Hershey I was looking at a 61 Hawk and a guy was telling his wife/girlfriend that this was the car that people couldn't tell which way it was going. She looked at those big fins on the back and looked very puzzled, but didn't say anything.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I doubt whether this guy ever contacted the Museum or that they told him that. He probably heard it from some guy who was looking at his car. Like the guy who said that Studebaker stopped making the 289 V8 because they sold it to Ford. When people emailed him about it, he said that everyone who had looked at the car had told him that. I have heard many times people telling a friend, at a car show, information that was wrong about Studebakers. At Hershey I was looking at a 61 Hawk and a guy was telling his wife/girlfriend that this was the car that people couldn't tell which way it was going. She looked at those big fins on the back and looked very puzzled, but didn't say anything.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Thats a common mistake among people. They know that Studebaker is known for not knowing whether its coming or going they just don't know that is just certain models of Studebakers, not all of them. What most don't know is that Studebakers are different by design!!!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Thats a common mistake among people. They know that Studebaker is known for not knowing whether its coming or going they just don't know that is just certain models of Studebakers, not all of them. What most don't know is that Studebakers are different by design!!!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I actually feel envious towards folks that espouse comments like this. It's said that "Ignorance is Bliss". I could use a whopping helping of bliss!
            Maybe I could get an idea of what it feels like if I went to a vintage Mustang gathering, stared under the hood of one and professed that the engine had first been used in 1956 by Studebaker.[]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I actually feel envious towards folks that espouse comments like this. It's said that "Ignorance is Bliss". I could use a whopping helping of bliss!
              Maybe I could get an idea of what it feels like if I went to a vintage Mustang gathering, stared under the hood of one and professed that the engine had first been used in 1956 by Studebaker.[]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Who cares what he calls it? At the price the thing is going for, what a nice driver it would make!! Smile, nod and haul it away laughing at his ignorance.

If I had the money, I'd buy it for my son. Garrett wouldn't care about any kind of name mixup... He'd be delighted with a car that has a great paint job and nice upholstry.

Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Who cares what he calls it? At the price the thing is going for, what a nice driver it would make!! Smile, nod and haul it away laughing at his ignorance.

If I had the money, I'd buy it for my son. Garrett wouldn't care about any kind of name mixup... He'd be delighted with a car that has a great paint job and nice upholstry.

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Have you ever heard of the optional single fog light that Studebaker offered in place of the bullet on 50 and 51 models? It seems like I heard that one after the movie Tucker came out.

Comment

Have you ever heard of the optional single fog light that Studebaker offered in place of the bullet on 50 and 51 models? It seems like I heard that one after the movie Tucker came out.

Comment

Actually Ron, I didn't ever say it was NOT a nice car, it's a sweet looking car that will probably sell too cheap. My point was about the "Museum's" comment, and of course I understand that it is not proven to be a true statement. As we all know, some sellers will say anything that they believe will help sell it!

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

[font=Comic Sans MS]Who cares what he calls it? At the price the thing is going for, what a nice driver it would make!! Smile, nod and haul it away laughing at his ignorance.
                        StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Actually Ron, I didn't ever say it was NOT a nice car, it's a sweet looking car that will probably sell too cheap. My point was about the "Museum's" comment, and of course I understand that it is not proven to be a true statement. As we all know, some sellers will say anything that they believe will help sell it!

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

[font=Comic Sans MS]Who cares what he calls it? At the price the thing is going for, what a nice driver it would make!! Smile, nod and haul it away laughing at his ignorance.
                          StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I e-mailed this guy and told him that since he didn't put a reserve he was legally bound to sell it at the end, regardless of what it draws; here's his reply:

thanks for the info

[)]

So tell me; if I buy it for that cheap, any of you CA guys willing to get it and keep until I can arrange shipping? []

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I e-mailed this guy and told him that since he didn't put a reserve he was legally bound to sell it at the end, regardless of what it draws; here's his reply:

thanks for the info

[)]

So tell me; if I buy it for that cheap, any of you CA guys willing to get it and keep until I can arrange shipping? []

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X