rear belt moudling removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear belt moudling removal

I am trying to remove this moulding & rear windsheild from my hawk.
    I've droppped the rear headliner and went to remove nut as per the manuel. My problem is these are not regular nuts, looks like studs are pushed thru a clamp of some sort. Please advise!!!!!!!!!

Packardbakerly,
    J.D.
    sigpic

Packardbakerly,
    J.D.

Are you speaking of the reveal mounting across the top on Golden and Packard hawks? If so I've seen two types of clips on these. I had two 56J I disassembled to make one and each was different. One used a regular nut and the other pushed in a tubular nut. I converted mine to the nut type which required drilling larger hole in roof sheet metal for some reason which I can't remember.(May have been a pilot on bottom of clip stud) You may be able to push the stud back through or carefully pry up on the halo with a wide instrument(i.e. putty knife) of sort. If you try prying protect your paint. You could probably use masking tape or maybe light cardboard. I do remember that type as being a pain. The clips are visible in the photo of cut up 55 speedster on other forum http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=29150 This is the push in clip.

Comment

I was able to use 2 wood shims and a trim removing tool. The P hawk
      has tubular push nuts that is almost impossable to push thru from underneth even with headliner rolled forward. I took my time and was able to remove it without any damage to the belt.

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.
      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.

Comment

Working...
      X