MN Salt2Salt car going back to Bonneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN Salt2Salt car going back to Bonneville

This is a little strip-mall of industrial condos. Go in back and down towards the end.
    If you get lost, call me.
    If we get enough done, we'll bring it down to Cedar Rapids......
    Greg
    320-282-4577

Greg

Turbocharging a flathead six Yes, you can double the horsepower of a little 169 cubic inch Studebaker motor by adding a junkyard turbo! Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.

http://turbostude.com/Tribaker (LP three-wheeler project)

Greg,
    Hey, this is exciting to hear. Can you give us a little update on the status? Where did you leave off last time you went to Bonneville? What changes, mods or upgrades are you planning? I for one would love to hear whats going on with the car. Its still the 50 with the turbo flat 6, right?

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Hey Sal,
      Actually, we've been racing a 53' with a super version of the TurboStude's engine, a 190" truck engine with a head of my own design and draw-thru from a Buick turbo-regal. We set two land speed records with that. Retired the engine to live on in a three-wheeled "Morgan on Steroids" thing I'm building which will look like a 37' Stude boat-tailed speedster...
      The 53' is going back to the salt this year with a 239" Flathead F_rd motor which is supercharged as a draw-thru. Plans are in the works to return to Stude power after that.....
      Depending on how far along we are, I may trailer the racer down to Cedar Rapids for the big party.....
      Though the website needs radical updating, you can watch our progress at:

Greg

Greg

Turbocharging a flathead six Yes, you can double the horsepower of a little 169 cubic inch Studebaker motor by adding a junkyard turbo! Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.

Comment

Are there any pics of the ford flattie in there?

Comment

No pics of the engine yet. I'm using a junk engine to mock up the special speed-parts while one of my "accomplices" builds the race engine. Check back with the site in a few weeks.
          Greg

Greg

Comment

Greg,
            You guys have too much fun !!

Good luck with your latest venture. Keep posting! [^]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
            X