Mechanic is Maryland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanic is Maryland?

Can any of my brothers suggest a good and reasonable mechanic that knows old cars in Maryland - closer to Howard County the better.

Muchos Gracias

Harry

Try Fredericktowne Auto Repair at Fredericktowne Mall. The tech there named Bill takes care of my Avanti's and '69 Corvette. Good guy and a hot rodder. The shop manager is Kevin.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gunslinger

Try Fredericktowne Auto Repair at Fredericktowne Mall. The tech there named Bill takes care of my Avanti's and '69 Corvette. Good guy and a hot rodder. The shop manager is Kevin.
      Or, if you want to go about 15 miles further, try Joel Horne, Horne's Auto Repair (licensed VA business), just outside Waterford, VA (email me off-Forum for his phone number). He only works on old cars- '20s, '30s, '40s, '50s and '60s. He has Hudsons, Packards, Chrysler products and a '55 President State Sedan. Last year he finished his '54 Hornet convertible and his personal project now is a '42 Chrysler New Yorker Highlander sedan. He stocks many common parts for old cars and has access to many sources if he doesn't have the stuff himself. He recently replaced all the front end rubber, recored the radiator, did general maintenance and installed my Vintage Air-type a/c on my '64 Daytona convertible- very thorough and neat.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

There's some guy named Poulos or something in MD. that's claimed to know a little about these cars. Kinda cranky, but if he does customer work he might be worth a shot

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Im in Reston Va during the day. Shop # 703-860-0414 Glenn

Comment

Working...
          X