drip moulding 63 gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drip moulding 63 gt

is there a tool that will remove the stainless drip moulding without messing it up?

No, there isn't. It's been discussed before, that it's all but impossible to remove those without damaging them. Unless there is known rust or some serious issue for which they absolutelty must be removed, it is best to leave them on there and carefully mask them off, even if every other piece of trim and glass have been removed. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Oh yeah! leave well enough alone unless yours are seriously damaged. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Now those are a great item for someone to reproduce.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

re drip moulding. rust is the problem, the previous owner filled the drip mounding up with some caulk on top of the rust and it has festered up. I have removed dripomounding before by hand on a 57 hawk and did not want to do it again if i can avoid it. thanks

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ken-renda

re drip moulding. rust is the problem, the previous owner filled the drip mounding up with some caulk on top of the rust and it has festered up. I have removed dripomounding before by hand on a 57 hawk and did not want to do it again if i can avoid it. thanks
            That channel is supposed to have seam sealer in it. The factory did it. You may be able to dig out the old seam sealer, kill the rust, and replace the seam sealer with new without removing the drip rail.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

As Dick says. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
              X