Studebaker Internal Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Internal Film

I never saw this before. Very interesting film made for in-company use, directed at the dealers. It's broken into 5 parts, all on YouTube; first one is here:

http://romanoarchives.altervista.org/Studebaker Today (1962) Studebaker color ffilm for internal use.Part 1 of 5.Editing by ROMANO-ARCHIVES."SUBSCRIBING to ...

First part has a segment on Sherwood Egbert, and he speaks to the dealers. Second part lists and describes the various other companies acquired by Studebaker.

The 5 parts total about a half-hour; be sure to see them all. There's also a 2-parter from 1959. If you haven't seen them, definitely worth a look!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

One thing in part 5 REALLY caught my eye! At 2 minutes and 28 seconds into part 5, there's a pair of hands fitting a model headlight fixture into a scale model fender. It looks very 58 Packard Hawkish, but what's even more intriguing is that the HL fixture looks VERY MUCH like the modified fenders that Richard Quinn shared a photo of from the recent SB swwap meet![:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

One thing in part 5 REALLY caught my eye! At 2 minutes and 28 seconds into part 5, there's a pair of hands fitting a model headlight fixture into a scale model fender. It looks very 58 Packard Hawkish, but what's even more intriguing is that the HL fixture looks VERY MUCH like the modified fenders that Richard Quinn shared a photo of from the recent SB swap meet![:0]
      I didn't catch that... definitely makes you say hmmm...

Here's the one from 1959 (assume it was releaseds in '58). Really cool look at how the dealers were introduced to the all-new Project X car, before it was called "Lark":

http://romanoarchives.altervista.org1959 Studebaker film for internal use.Part 1 of 2Editing by ROMANO-ARCHIVES."SUBSCRIBING to this Channel is a MUST for re...

It's a 2-parter. Another fascinating movie (in this Lark nerd's opinion)

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Here's the one from 1959 (assume it was released in '58). Really cool look at how the dealers were introduced to the all-new Project X car, before it was called "Lark":
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_YaiIsuA3U
        That was my Dad's boss there Bob, the Dealer from the Dealer Council Mr. Afton, from Frank H. Afton Co. Inglewood, CA who says: "Mr. Swasey, I can sell that car on looks alone, but I would really like to see what else it's got", so they then go from the Factory to the proving grounds! []

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Did you notice the car in video #2 at the proving grounds has a two tone paint job?

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

We have talked about that one here before, it's the same prototype Tahiti Coral and White Regal 4 Door that is shown on the '59 Lark Brochure, no one has ever verified that any production models were two-toned, except custom painted fleets of cars.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

At 1:18 in segment 1, Egbert's secretary walks in and hands him something and you hear Egbert say, "Thank you Martha". That is obviously the late Martha Fleener, whom I met at the '93 Avanti 30th Anniversary Meet in South Bend and also at one of the May annual meets where I met her again at the SNM. She was a friendly and classy lady.

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
              '64 Daytona Hardtop
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now