T86 top shifter needed >found<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T86 top shifter needed >found<

I am looking for a T86 top shifter conversion. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know how much. If you have one and are coming to the Pacific Southwest Zone meet, then all the better. Thanks.

sals54
    sals54

Check our club website, www.nutmeg-sdc.com and go to the want ad page. One of our members has a floor shifter for a T86 4 speed.

Chip
    '63 Cruiser daily driver
    '57 Packard wagon on the road!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

If you are looking for a late model Lark T86 three speed top shifter, SASCO had a number of 1965 Taxi transmissions with top shifter for around $250.00 or so back when I bought one a year or two ago. If no one comes to the Pacific SW zone meet with the part at least there is a place to call.

Also, depending on the vintage of your T86, one may be able to swap out a top shift unit from a Jeep T90, those only run about 100/125 and are current repro parts, just call a jeep parts vendor.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
      The Replacements.
      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
      The Replacements.

Comment

I didn't know they were different, but I need one for 63 T cab T86 on a 6 cyl.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

I got one but I don't know what year it is. I could send you some pics. I need a radiator for a 57 SilverHawk, 289. stickshift.

Comment

Aren't the Lark and Hawk radiators interchangeable? If so, I've got 4 or 5 of those laying around here. Wanna trade?

sals54
            sals54

Comment

What you probably have Sal is a T-90, but it has the 6 bolt top cover so except for the 6 Cyl. input shaft, it would look like a T-86 and the Jeep cover should still fit. Just don't order parts or gears for a T-86, they would be for a V-8 car and probably not fit a 6 Cyl. Truck T-90. [:0]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

sure. I'll send you some pics

Comment

I was getting ready to take some pics and realized that the shifter didn't come off the trans it was sitting next to; but rather the one across the garage; a T90. about 1/4" difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X