Other than Firestone 670 15 for Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than Firestone 670 15 for Avanti

The current repop Firestone 670 15 1" whitewall is too big in diameter to fit into my spare tire well. The tire measures 28.58" in diameter. The other 670 15 1" whitewall tires are mostly between 27" to 27.5" in diameter. Maybe I could fit the Firestone if I were to take out the carpet that goes arounf the circumference of the spare tire well - but I like the carpet liner.

Other than Firestone, did Studebaker use U.S. Royal or BF Goodrich on Avantis?

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
    Packrat junk collector
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

I don't understand why several people have asked this question, no one (including SDC judges) is looking at tire Brands, only correct size and correct whitewall if equipped. [:0]

But to answer you, I don't remember ever seeing an Avanti when new, with anything but Firestone, or those few '64's that did have the Sears Allstate Tires.
    Even though I did see a few '63 and '64 Studebakers that came with U.S. Royal tires, including my dad's '64 Daytona he bought in Dec. '64.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich, I like the way the Firestones looked, I was surprised that the repop Firestones are 1" bigger in diameter. I almost wonder if they are using the same size mold for two different size Firestone vintage tires.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
      Packrat junk collector
      '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

Working...
      X