PDA

View Full Version : Paint Colors

John McKeown
12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I am restoring a 61 Lark and am down to doing the paint. I am looking for the proper colors for the engine block/head & valve cover(6 cyl), trans(3 speed), gas tank and rear axle. Most of it is oxide red (read rusty)the engine has been repained green some time in the past and three layers of paint on the valve cover are all different. I want to get it right the first time!! Anyone have a source or the info?

StudeRich
12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Welcome to SDC John, what body style do you have?

The Engine block, head, pan, Clutch housing and Trans. was Aluminum Silver, Valve Cover, dipstick, fan blades only Red/Orange (Chev. Red) Gen.,Starter, Dist.,Air Cleaner Simi-Gloss Black, frame, everything underneath simi gloss Black, gas tank silver (Cad plate) '61 Wheels are Silver.
Rich.

quote:Originally posted by John McKeown

I am restoring a 61 Lark and am down to doing the paint. I am looking for the proper colors for the engine block/head & valve cover(6 cyl), trans(3 speed), gas tank and rear axle. Most of it is oxide red (read rusty)the engine has been repained green some time in the past and three layers of paint on the valve cover are all different. I want to get it right the first time!! Anyone have a source or the info?

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

John McKeown
12-22-2006, 12:24 AM
It is a Regal convertible in the Flamingo color.

StudeRich
12-22-2006, 12:48 AM
WOW! that is a REALLY special and rare model and color! [^][^] If you can load any pics to a website, you can post them here, we'd love to see it, in unfinished or not condition.

quote:Originally posted by John McKeown

It is a Regal convertible in the Flamingo color.

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

John McKeown
12-22-2006, 09:30 AM
I will put some pictures up as soon as I get the car finished. Right now it is apart in three places, chassis in my garage, engine at machine shop and body at restorer's shop, all being worked on. I hope to have it on the road by June.