R3 and R4 fender side ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3 and R4 fender side ornaments

I have a nos set of R4 plastic fender ovals for a 64 Lark or Hawk. I would like to trade for a set of R3 ovals. I know its a long shot but its worth a try.

Do you think the archives have the 'blueprints' for those?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by nels

I have a nos set of R4 plastic fender ovals for a 64 Lark or Hawk. I would like to trade for a set of R3 ovals. I know its a long shot but its worth a try.
      The R1 and R2 Have been repro'ed so you might want to pay a $1000 or so to have those modified rather then 20K make them from scratch.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by nels

They are only correct for one car. Who owns it - you?

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

They are only correct for one car. Who owns it - you?
          Nelson, just give me the Commander and I'll give you the emblems to keep...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

It would be nice to have a clone, one you could flog a little and not worry too much about the possible outcome.

Comment

Nels,
              Anybody ever have a SWAG as to how many sets of THESE emblems Studebaker had produced? (note: SWAG: Scientific Wild A** Guess)

Dan Miller
              Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
              Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

If they were srious about running these engines down the line like it appears, I would have thought at least 100. Does George Krem PBW have R3 emblems?

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

quote:
                  If they were srious about running these engines down the line like it appears, I would have thought at least 100. Does George Krem PBW have R3 emblems?

Yessum. If the R3 emblems weren't present somebody at the PSMCD has some explainin' to do [)]....

They are a very innocent, very plain jane, black and white(or is that gray) type of emblem. Of course the rest of the vehicle, well that's another story.....[}]

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/DSC00017-1-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/DSC00015-2-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                  [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I think there were quite a few sets made up. I remember getting to the nationals in SB back in 1970 or so and they had had them in the bin for 1.75 ea. They were all gone when I arrived on Sat but I did buy some R1 and R2 ovals for that price. Stu V later had them for $8 ea. But back in those days I couldn't even afford the $16 for a set.

Comment

Dan,
                      I said quite a few and by that I would say at least 100 R4 and the same for the R3. I do know that the Hot Rod road test R3 Daytona had prototype emblems made for the sides and also the grill badge was hand made. The Bonneville R3 cars did not carry fender tags and their grill badges were prototype on at least a couple of the cars.

Comment

As I've never seen these emblems, any possiblity of posting a couple pictures?

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Aw Nels, I wish I'da known......... Imust have had 30 or so. When I realized they weren't red, white and blue like the R1 and R2 emblems, I figured they were rejects. Threw 'em all away. Sorry. [V]

R2Andy

lol
                          R2Andrea

Comment

$1.75 each in 1970 huh. Geez and i have $300 + shippng in a set of repo'd R2 emblems and rings, and had to file on the plastic ends to get them to fit the chrome rings.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Yes, the Plain Brown Wrapper has genuine, original R3 fender emblems. Bob Palma and I stole them off a car on one of our proving grounds sneaky trips.......actually, I was one of the lucky ones who found an NOS pair in the Standard Surplus/Newman Altman bins around 1969/1970. They were buried beneath several hundred R1/R2 oval emblems. Up until that time, the PBW had R2 emblems. I don't remember exactly how much I paid, but $1.75 sounds right. Wish I'd grabbed more.

Good luck with your hunt, Nels.

George

george krem
                              george krem

Comment

Working...
                              X