Need a Part Number - 1941

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Part Number - 1941

I know many of you guys have manuals for everything. I need the part number for the tail lamp housing/socket for 1941. Chuck Collins has the lens and bezels, but didn't see a housing. Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

housings are hen's teeth....the rodders love them and usually go for over $100. each....tho recently I've seen them for just under $100. on eBay.

Comment

Give Bob Kapteyn a call at Joliet Studebaker...
      He can get the number for you, and probably has one.
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

I know many of you guys have manuals for everything. I need the part number for the tail lamp housing/socket for 1941. Chuck Collins has the lens and bezels, but didn't see a housing. Any ideas?
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL
        Tom,

Google is your friend! Take a look at this company who makes repro housing for the hot rod bunch: www.alchemy.itslow.com/

Whether they are 'perfect' repros suitable for a high-dollar restoration, I'm not sure.

p.s., if the link doesn't work the first time, try a couple more times. For some reason (at least for me) it would only work one time out of three or so. Weird...... An alternate path that seemed to work every time is here: http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?...941_Studebaker

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

If I am reading my parts book correctly, they are:

Chrome bezel-# 276844
          Red lens-#276688
          lens gasket-#276692
          bulb holder(with cable)-#276833
          Body gasket-#274674

There is really not much to that bulb holder, just a plate with socket attached. It does not have an enclosed reflector, and the tail lights will provide light to the trunk at night.

Comment

Paul and Skyway, these were exactly what I needed. These would be going on a '40 Ford. I know Chuck Collins sells the repop lenses and steel bezels, but I knew those couldn't be the only pieces. The assembly that Paul mentioned is what I referred this gentleman to so that we're not sacraficing any gennie parts.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
            X