Number 9 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 9 Avanti

If you didn't already know, the number 9 Avanti will be at the PSW zone meet in Sacramento May 15-17. Karel Staple member, Norm Cattell, drove down to LA yesterday to help drive it up to Sacramento (believe it or not!) Heck, they could make it in a couple of hours if they could avoid radar.

After the meet, we are making arrangements to display the car at the California Auto Museum in Sacramento (formerly Towe museum).

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Cool,Somebody please get pics for those of us that cant be there. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Is the owner John Hora, going to be there? I haven't seen John in at least 10 years.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Directly related to this is an obscure piece of literature in which the #9 Avanti appears twice: The May 1968 issue of Signature magazine. This glossy magazine is about the size of Hot Rod. It was published by the Diners Club Credit Card company as a perk for their members.

The feature article in that Signature is an eight-page spread on Andy Granatelli. Obviously, the article was written in early 1968, so it contains many Studebaker references and, as I said, two photos of the #9 Avanti while in Andy's possession.

That issue's front cover is a large photo of Andy Granatelli and Rocky Marciano in a race track setting, with the subtitle Man on the Move: Andy Granatelli. The lengthy article on Andy includes 12 photos, ten of them in color. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wonder what the overall warranty report looked like for this early production Avanti?[?]
          (Does CARFAX go that far back[:0])
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Sdude

If you didn't already know, the number 9 Avanti will be at the PSW zone meet in Sacramento May 15-17.
          <snip>

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

John Hora is the one driving the car up with Norm. I couldn't say for sure if he will be at the Zone Meet. I certainly hope so.

Jon Stalnaker
            Editor, Hawk Talks
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
            X