1955 Champion sedan wire harness routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Champion sedan wire harness routing

I am about ready to install the new wire harness sections on the 55 champion sedan. What location does the tail light and tag light wiring enter the body ? This one has new trunk pan and tail pan, so any holes need to be cut out for wire harness.
    Thanks!
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

The right rear tail light wires travel behind the bumper above the gravel shield toward the left side of the car. Half way across, the license plate light joins in and at the left corner they meet with the pigtail from the left taillight.They travel forward inboard of the frame, above the flange till they get ahead of the firewall, then they go up and thru the firewall above the steering column.

They enter the body thru a hole in the firewall.

[Edit] typo

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 573 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Thanks!!
      I found a clip on the old harness that must be a harness to frame clip.

53commander HDTP
      53 Champion HDTP
      64 Champ long bed V8
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

The clip you found should have a place to secure two items to the frame. The lower one should be smaller and is for the brake line that goes to the rear brakes. The larger, upper one, is for the rear lighting. If it only has a place for one item, then it goes along the rear cross-member and is for rear lights only. Doing my 55 as we speak. Also, there are two holes in the rear cross-member near the frame rail on the driver side for the rear harness to pass through.

Best of luck,

Scott

Comment

Working...
        X