Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '53 Starlite

Hi,

I'm looking for a 1953 Starlite. It had a straight 6, manual tranmission, shift on the floor. Gray velour interior, garnet red exterior.

Around 1959, my brother Duane bought one. A year or so later he went into the Peace Corp. While he was gone my other brother and I convinced my dad that he should let Doug trade in Duane's Starlite for a '62 lark convertible. When Duane came home after spending 2 years in Pakistan, his beloved Starlite was gone!

Duane is turning 70 this June and his wife Carol is willing to pay for a restored one if we can find one. The ones I have found sell right away if they are in good shape. I found a v-8, automatic, but the straight 6 is hard to find.

If anyone knows of one, please contact me. elmer765@aol.com

Thanks,
    Lois Rothstein

Lois,
    Carol sounds like someone special, and so must be Duane.
    The V-8's are preferred and many a six has been sacrificed to an engine swap.
    If Duane's original Champion Starlight had a floor shifter, someone altered it. Factory shift was on the column.
    Hopefully, someone here can offer up something of interest.
    The following link will take you to the vehicles advertised in TURNING WHEELS, the monthly magazine of the Studebaker Drivers Club. The only '53 Starlights listed this month are V-8's but, if you put the link in your browser FAVORITES you can refer to its monthly updates.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Check out this page. Does it have to be a 6 cyl.?

Comment

Working...
      X