Fan Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Blades

While putting the Packard's new fuel line on, my hand slipped and nailed the fan. [B)] Before it started bleeding, I was able to turn off my trouble light and shut the garage doors. Why do they have to be so freaking sharp? It has taken me over 30 minutes to control the bleeding! Typing with one hand is tough!

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Carey
    Packard Hawk

My Grandpa caught the end of his fingers once. After that he removed the tiny fan guard on his Lark and replaced it with one about ten times the size.

Nick

Comment

My Father-in-Law used to preach to all 6 of his girls about not sticking their hand in the mower's chute to unclog it. Guess who did it! [:0]

My fan is an aftermarket. Very thin and sharp. I bet you would never feel it go through your hand if you stuck it in there while it was running! [xx(]

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Comment

Good topic,about 8 years ago it was a Sunday about 6m and I was still working on the removal of the tail gate from a 64 wagon with the lower part down and me sitting on it because I was lazy I was removing the torsion bar across the back lower area when I remover the last bold all hell broke out the bar let fly and caught my left hand between the pinkey and the next finger, and it happened so fast I didn't know what hit me, I grabbed it with my old greasy rag I had in my pocket and started to change my pants, once pants were changed I went in the house and found my wife had not left for church yet, so I told her to drop me off at the hospital on her way to church, she asked why so I showed her, she had a hard time driving but we got there ok,told her to go to church and come back when it was over I would still be there, when she came back they had already operated on my hand and put me to bed, I stayed over night, me being left handed it was a bit of a trouble for me to do much for the next 3 months until the pins came out, It still to this day doesn't bend like it should, what happened to the 64 you ask? bone yard over the last few years and some of you good people have some parts from it. bottom line don't fool with the wagon tail gate unless you know more about it....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Bob,

That sounds like it was pretty nasty! My neighbor came over last night to bandage me up since my wife was out of town. She wanted to take me to the hospital, but I refused. All said and done, I lost a good bit of blood yesterday. After my wife saw it, she wasn't happy. She agreed with the neighbor. I think it is doing much better. I even went out today and finished the fuel line and was able to check the FOM's fluid (with my wife's help). Then I took our car for a little drive before putting the cover back on.

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dads Baby

[font=Comic Sans MS]Bob,

That sounds like it was pretty nasty! My neighbor came over last night to bandage me up since my wife was out of town. She wanted to take me to the hospital, but I refused. All said and done, I lost a good bit of blood yesterday. After my wife saw it, she wasn't happy. She agreed with the neighbor. I think it is doing much better. I even went out today and finished the fuel line and was able to check the FOM's fluid (with my wife's help). Then I took our car for a little drive before putting the cover back on
            Are you saying you did go to the hospital? If not- GO. You probably need a tetanus shot as a minimum.
            A few weeks ago my wife cut her finger very deeply and couldn't stop the bleeding. I took her to a local Urgent Care Center and they glued the cut shut (no stitches). It was much quicker healing that way (and they gave her a tetanus shot too).

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Tell you how stupid we can be . I worked in a garage when I was a kid and a fella stuck his hand in a running motor's fan , cut his had all to heck he was bleeding terribly and the garage owner asked him what he'd done....he went and stuck his good hand into the blade....just don't think good sometimes

[IMG]
              Home of the Fried Green Tomato
              "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

We have all done stupid. Many years ago I was working on a running engine listening with a stethoscope to the bearings in the water pump. I accidently touched the scope end to the water pump belt. That thing flew out of my hand and dang near took my upper lip off. Lots of stitches later and all I have to show for it is a small scar. But a little higher, I might have been a pirate.

Mike

Comment

Paul,
                  No, I did not go to the hospital. I had a tetanus shot a couple of years ago so I am good there. I used a bunch of hydrogen peroxide on it. I think it is healing really well. Much faster than I expected.

I think it is great that we can all get these things out in the open!

One thing I have learned having a splint on my right index finger...Jockey doesn't make their briefs for lefties!

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                  X