Look at this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at this!

In this 'Hidden Treasures' segment, Mister Jalopy waxes philosophic about the the unsung wonders of his old 1950’s Studebaker, emphasizing how old-school…

My son found this.If you like the 1950's Studes.
    By the way.
    I anyone from Hamilton coming to the South Bend meet?
    Can you take some front springs for a customer of mine?
    Call me.
    My cell phone # is 815 212 2389.

Bob

The guy on the video ends up with a competely restorable Stude and then plans to leave it unrestored to be in tune with nature and the ravishes of time? He states "the car has more in common with a boulder in yellowstone". It's a shame this car has ended up in the hands of a tree hugging whack job!

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

John, I don't see anything wrong with what he plans to do with the Champion. He's going to put a new interior in it and drive it! He appreciates the patina that 60 years have placed on it. What's wrong with that? Not every car has to be restored, as long as it's loved and driven.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I missed the comment about a new interior and driving it. I guess comparing it to a boulder threw me for a loop. He could at least put a coat of sprayed on primer on the body to prevent further rust.

sigpic
        John
        63R-2386

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti
          It's a shame this car has ended up in the hands of a tree hugging whack job!

I'm having a hard time getting "tree hugging wack job" out of the video...but each to his own I guess [?]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

OK ... I went overboard on my comments ... I stand corrected.

sigpic
            John
            63R-2386

Comment

That is a great way to keep a car like that gives it character instead of looking like everyone elses champion on the road...

Ryan

Comment

Working...
              X