Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about a Standard/Challenger registry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a Standard/Challenger registry?

I've been thinking about this for a while, but with the talk of registries in the May TW, I'm getting kind of serious about starting a registry for Standards and Challengers. Call it the x2 Registry (for F2, Y2, P2 owners). Maybe include taxis and gub'ment fleet cars too.

What do you guys think? Are there enough of us to make something of this? Would anyone care? After all, our little strippers don't have quite the sex appeal of a GH or R2 Daytona

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

If you go through with it, my granddad has the remains of both. A '63 Standard two door and a '64 Challenger Wagonaire, a 259 car.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I don't have any problem adding another category to the registries I maintain.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
      53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me , count me in my Standard is a keeper even my grandson love it so it looks like it will be in the family for a while, Matt the standard you have is it worth telling Richard Poe about? he stated he would like to have one in the past. here is a picture of mine , nothing special just a cheap little old Standard 2 door...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Ahh, but it IS special Bob, it may be the only '63 Lark Standard in the world that's White with a Black pinstripe on the body-line, nice! [^]

Those Avanti R Series high performance engines are a dime a dozen aren't they? [)]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Put me down for one 1963 Standard wagon. Gary L. tells me these are not Wagonaires since they don't have the "aire" feature of the sliding roof, but I think most people consider ALL '63-'66 wagons as Wagonaires. You have to look very carefully to see if the roof slides or not.

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/indy/gary_indycar25_vvsm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.
            '32 Indy car replica (in progress)
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard
            web site at http://www.studegarage.com
            Gary Ash
            Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
            ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
            '48 M5
            '65 Wagonaire Commander
            '63 Wagonaire Standard
            web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

I remember looking at a white 63 Standard behind a barn not too far from here. Wish I could remember where that was now. I think they're pretty good-looking cars without the brightwork.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I remember looking at a white 63 Standard behind a barn not too far from here. Wish I could remember where that was now. I think they're pretty good-looking cars without the brightwork.
                Well that's OK Bob, cause you almost built one from a stripped '63 Daytona Hardtop that made it's way up here somehow! [^]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You're right, Rich. In fact, it was a somewhat de-trimmed one I saw in the LA area years ago that influenced me.
                  Fact is, my 63 Cruiser's currently stripped of all it's mouldings in prep for some bodywork. I happened to look at it from across the property today, and with a little squinting it looked pretty good devoid of all that stuff. But I won't be de-trimming this one too much. Both the Crusier scripts are missing from the butterknife mouldings, and I am wondering if they're actually the same scripts as were used on 62 or 61 Cruisers. Do you know??? SASCO has the new butterknives W/scripts, but I'd rather not spend that much. OF COURSE - with their situation what it is, it might be prudent to buy all new mouldings for this thing. I'll have to think about it I guess.[8)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Rich, back in 1994 when I had the car painted, and the color is refer white, so I just added the red and black stripes down the side so I could find it in a parking lot, this standard came with out hood ornament, trunk emblem, nothing down the sides and no stainless around the front or rear windows, only chrome is bumpers and grille and door handles, still is a sweet little tire smoking piece of history...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Bob, my Standard looks a lot like yours:

I've been wrestling with whether to take it back to Rose Mist or not, but either way I might steal your pinstriping's look [^]

Clark in San Diego
                      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I know of one up in Red Bluff, CA.

Sorry~ no numbers for you- yet...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                        San Diego, CA (for now)

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
                        '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
                        '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
                        '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
                        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Clark the stripping is also on the rear wheel wells along that line to the back, you can't see it in the pictures but it is red and black and stands out nice my touch of the 90's I have been thinking that I might change the back up light to the 62 type smaller and easy to get, the 63 one are getting to cost a few bucks to get good ones. are you coming to Sacramento on the 15-17 ?? ...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Not gonna make it to Sacto, I'm afraid. Got a family memorial service in San Leandro that weekend.

Know what you mean about the b/u lights. Got a nice NOS left lens at SASCO when I was there in September, but the right ones are SOL.

Clark in San Diego
                            '63 F2/Lark Standard

Comment

Clark, San Leandro is not far from Sacramento, but I know you have to do what you have to do, it will be a nice meet, my car is not far from San Leandro in Hayward, but if I get my act together I might be able to get running and take it up to the meet,...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X