This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about RHC GT Hawk

Mine is a standard American version (LHC). However, in going through the troubles of installing floors, etc I wondered, if it wouldn't be a good idea to use a brake and clutch pedal cover, from a RHC car, to further protect the floor front on the LHC version, passenger side. There ARE bolt holes in the LHC firewall brace to mount this to.

On a RHC car, did the factory USE the same kind of domed clutch and brake pedal cover that's used on the LHC drivers side. This is the sheet metal cover that bolts to the firewall and protects the master cyl, pedal pivots on the frame, etc.
    I've asked around and all the parts vendors say not available. Recently Bob Kapyten, said the book doesn't even describe a part like that. So what did they use on RHC cars????
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Are you looking for, Pt # 1330058 Shield ? I've been looking for about 4 years and still looking.
    Klif

55 Speedster
    42 Champ Coupe
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

Are you looking for, Pt # 1330058 Shield ? I've been looking for about 4 years and still looking.
      Klif

55 Speedster
      42 Champ Coupe
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

You want to do the same thing with it?
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

You want to do the same thing with it?
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Check out Classic Enterprise's inner fender kit...

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but might do the same job.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Check out Classic Enterprise's inner fender kit...

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but might do the same job.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

That shield protected the dimmer switch and wires and the brake and clutch assemblies but did little to protect the floor, as both sides tended to rust in spite of it.

The fender kit offered by Classic Enterprises protects the heater and vent ducts and the rear fender flange so notoriously vulnerable to oxidation.[V]

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                33 Rockne 10
                51 Commander Starlight
                53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That shield protected the dimmer switch and wires and the brake and clutch assemblies but did little to protect the floor, as both sides tended to rust in spite of it.

The fender kit offered by Classic Enterprises protects the heater and vent ducts and the rear fender flange so notoriously vulnerable to oxidation.[V]

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  33 Rockne 10
                  51 Commander Starlight
                  53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by klifton1

Klif

55 Speedster
                    42 Champ Coupe
                    If this is a RHC car part try these 3 Aussie Vendors
                    Studebaker-Packard Parts Aust. glorray@bigpond.com [Ray and Gloria Crunkhorn](Adelaide vendor same city as me)

Studebaker Parts [Alan Heyde] studeparts@optusnet.com.au

Australian Studebaker Parts irmack@bigpond.com

John Clements
                    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                    Lockleys South Australia
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by klifton1

Klif

55 Speedster
                      42 Champ Coupe
                      If this is a RHC car part try these 3 Aussie Vendors
                      Studebaker-Packard Parts Aust. glorray@bigpond.com [Ray and Gloria Crunkhorn](Adelaide vendor same city as me)

Studebaker Parts [Alan Heyde] studeparts@optusnet.com.au

Australian Studebaker Parts irmack@bigpond.com

John Clements
                      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                      Lockleys South Australia
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hi ,yes the right hand drive studes used the same cover on the r/h side, they may be still around, i have them on my r/h drive studes, regards roger.

On a RHC car, did the factory USE the same kind of domed clutch and brake pedal cover that's used on the LHC drivers side. This is the sheet metal cover that bolts to the firewall and protects the master cyl, pedal pivots on the frame, etc.

R.A.Jennings
                        R.A.Jennings

Comment

Hi ,yes the right hand drive studes used the same cover on the r/h side, they may be still around, i have them on my r/h drive studes, regards roger.

R.A.Jennings
                          R.A.Jennings

Comment

Hi guys,
                            Right Hand Control Studes did have the cover and the same pedal style as the US LHC GT's

Oddly a few people in OZ would probably like the LHC version for the same reason.

However, these days, either the cars do not do many miles or are much better looked after than they were when they were just cheap driver Studes, so is it really worth it ???

I still have one from memory but it is under my mothers house in Melbourne and a bit too far to go to get for you.

They built around 400 GT's in Oz for 62 and 63, maybe 125 or so finned Hawks from 60 - 61

South Africa would be another good place to try to obtain one.

Regards
                            Greg

Greg Diffen
                            Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                            1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                            1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                            1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                            1988 Avanti Convertible
                            Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                            1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                            1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                            1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                            1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                            1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                            1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Hi guys,
                              Right Hand Control Studes did have the cover and the same pedal style as the US LHC GT's

Oddly a few people in OZ would probably like the LHC version for the same reason.

However, these days, either the cars do not do many miles or are much better looked after than they were when they were just cheap driver Studes, so is it really worth it ???

I still have one from memory but it is under my mothers house in Melbourne and a bit too far to go to get for you.

They built around 400 GT's in Oz for 62 and 63, maybe 125 or so finned Hawks from 60 - 61

South Africa would be another good place to try to obtain one.

Regards
                              Greg

Greg Diffen
                              Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                              1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                              1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                              1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                              1988 Avanti Convertible
                              Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                              1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                              1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                              1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                              1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                              1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                              1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X