Cruise-In For A Cure 4-25-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise-In For A Cure 4-25-09

Yesterday I participated in a local benefit Cruise-In. It is for cancer research. This year was especially meaningful since one of our local tire store owners had died from cancer this past year. A local bank sponsored the event and I think they were overwhelmed with the size of the participation. We had several hundred cars of all types. One of the door prizes donated was a complete 350 Chevy V8, headers and all, ready to drop in the rod of your choice. A huge shopping center parking lot was filled to capacity and many who arrived late were unable to exhibit their cars for lack of space. I started early in the day and managed to get two of my vehicles with their pedal car buddies parked together. They were a big hit with the crowd. Biggest problem was parents having to keep the kids off the pedal cars. However, the day went well and it was one of the best behaved crowds and enjoyable events I have ever attended.

[img][/img]
    [img][/img]
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Lookin' good John! [8D]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

both of your studes are super-sanitary and it's a very kool combo with those perfect pedal cars to boot...
        love it!...

'36 stude dictator coupe [rodded]...
        when guns are outlawed only outlaws have guns...

Comment

Working...
        X