Daytona Convertible Survivors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Convertible Survivors

Can any member tell me if there is a 63 Daytona Convertible Registry or has anyone have any idea on how many might be left out of the 1000 or so built. We bought one out of Kansas that was on ebay last year but unfortunately the shipping company sent it to Swedan by mistake. There is only half a dozen existing in Australia. Regards Brian
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Did they get it to you? How rude!!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I know someone started a registry for 63 Daytona Converts because I submitted ours late last year. Do a search here and you will find the thread that would have the info.

Edit: go to http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/links.asp the registries are listed there.

Frank van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

My Girlfriend and I have a beautiful '63 Daytona convertible.

Here is the Daytona registry: http://www.teamwetworks.com/stregs/m...?name=ClanList

Our Convertible has not been registered yet since it been in storage across town since last November. I'll be going for a visit to install the new convertible pump and take her out of her slumber. I'll get the pertinent information for the registry then.

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
        Oakville, Ontario.
        Hamilton Chapter
        See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Yes, as mentioned above, I maintain a registry for 63 Daytonas - all body styles. Feel free to take a look and submit your car. I also maintain registries for Wagonaires, 53/54 C/Ks and 55 Speedsters.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
          53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Here's Allen and Caroline's lovely '63 droptop...

...and here's the other immaculate red '63 Daytona convertible in the Hamilton chapter, alongside my '62 2dr post. Both Daytonas seen at last September's chapter BBQ in Smithville ON.

S.

Comment

Bob, we had to leave the Daytona in Sweden and accept a compensation which intern brought a really nice 59 2d wagon out of Texas.We have a Jonquil Yellow 60 Lark Convertible which the wagon is also the same colour.Imagine the person who goes to pick up their car in Sweden, upon opening the container, receives a 63 Daytona Convertible instead. Allen, thats a really nice Daytona you have there as well as yours, Steve. George, your the man with the Registrys, I see you have one for Speedsters, I have just purchased one of these, would you like the vin number? Thanks everyone for your input on my question.I will try to post some pictures of our 60 Lark convertible which took out 3rd outright at our recent Nationals. Regards Brian
              Brian Greenall
              Melbourne, OZ
              sigpic

Comment

I hope someone from the chapter in Sweden can get their hands on that convertible. What a sad story. Also sad that I didn't hear of that '59 2 door wagon for sale! Worthy of a TW article as a follow up for the Daytona, though. I think a '60-'64 convertible registry should be due to start up soon. It was a discussion at the meet this weekend.

Comment

Dave , I will post some pics of the cars when I can work how. Still a bit new for me on the computer scene . You have a sweet ride there Bob, in that 60 Convertible. Brian.
                  Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

Dave, forgot to tell you that the 2DR wagon was on ebay April 8 08 item number 140222172893 and it took off like a rocket. 59 2dr wagons must be getting tough to find over there. In Australia we had about four imported in the early sixtes. Brian.
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by packardHawk58

Dave, forgot to tell you that the 2DR wagon was on ebay April 8 08 item number 140222172893 and it took off like a rocket. 59 2dr wagons must be getting tough to find over there. In Australia we had about four imported in the early sixtes. Brian.
                      Brian, Devon Motors here in Melbourne brought in seven D6 Regal 2 door station wagons with auto trans during 1959. Recall Frank Sedgman, the champion Aussie tennis player having a blue one. Another of the seven is having a serious restoration in Albury right now. I rebuilt the auto trans on it & the owner was at the ballarat National Meet at Easter.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                      MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                      MELBOURNE.

Comment

Thanks for the correction Jim, I was only going on what I was told when I was an apprentice to Bob Plowman and we worked on the old Graham Lee car, painted powder blue at the time. Brian.
                        Brian Greenall
                        Melbourne, OZ
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X