Hawk heater switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk heater switch

G'day all, i am pulling the hawk apart for rebuild and can't work out how the heater knob comes off to remove it from the dash. Any clues as i don't want to break it.[:I][:I]

Regards Bob

Regards Bob

You don't have to remove the knob to remove the switch from the dash. The switch has a threaded collar that holds it in place. The collar has 2 notches 180 degrees from each other. Use a small needle nose to act like a spanner and twist it CCW to remove. The switch comes out from the rear of the dash.

If you mean the Defroster or slide switch, the knob slides off toward the driver. You may have to exert a bit. Sometimes, using 2 equal length screwdrivers, as a lever will help. Be sure to protect the dash face from the tips.
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I think maybe you are talking about the sliding lever to adjust the temperature? If so, these are a little tricky, I had to go out to the garage and take one off to remember how to do it. Okay, there is a little slot at the back of the knob, take a small bladed screwdriver and holding it so the blade is parallel with the shaft that the knob is attached to, put the edge of the blade in this slot, and push up on the metal piece that slides over the shaft, and while pushing up, pull the knob off. It will all make perfect sense as soon as you get it off and look at it.
      Hope this helps.

Tim K.
      '64 R2 GT Hawk
      Tim K.
      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

The switch i am refering to is the fan switch with the cable attached that i think originally went to the heater tap (wasn't conected to anything when i got the car. I think Tim might be onto the one i mean. I will try what you suggest when i get back home and see how i go. Thanks for the help.

Regards Bob

Regards Bob

Comment

If your talking about the metal cable (spiral wound with a wire inside) and not electrical wires, then it goes to the heater control valve which is mounted on the firewall over by the glovebox.

Tim K.
          '64 R2 GT Hawk
          Tim K.
          \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
          X