Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Stude wagon?

In the web page

that has been posted in the section Stove huggers of the forum , there is a photo showing a strange Stude Wagon . The relevant part of the photo is :

[img] http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2440/rarewagon.jpg [/img]

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but have anybody some clue about the origin of that Stude Station Wagon? I asume it is not a prototype.

Studebakerchile

Looks like a '54 Conestoga to me...[?]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

It does...and it doesn't, too! There seems to be some sort of fairly broad solid horizontal panel below the aft side windows that looks as though it sticks out...Maybe it's just the angle the wagon is seen from?

S.

Comment

Thanks Mark. After the lack of Wagons in the Stude line, I had absolutely forgotten about the 1954 wagons.
        I should have looked at my Moloney book before posting

Studebakerchile

Comment

Speaking about wagons. I've been looking for a Studebaker truck, but they're hard to come by, so if I can't find me a Truck, I'm thinking on buying me a Wagon. It will still be able to hold large objects I find at junkyards, I mean salvage yards. Any one selling a wagon?

1951 Commander Land cruiser

Comment

You know what that looks like to me is a '54 Stude. with the rear half cut off and a GM or something, Station Wagon body grafted on!

That flat portion below the windows did not exist on a Stude. and the two rear windows angled DOWN not UP like those, something is definitely strange about that pic, but since you could just buy one, it makes no sense to build one!

It is not a '53, when there were no Wagons because it has the '54 body side moulding.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T
              ...Maybe it's just the angle the wagon is seen from?
              &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Steve; You're correct. That's simply the rear of another vehicle sitting behind and slightly at a higher angle than the subject '54 Conestoga. Nothing weird here, no prototype, sorry.

Frank Drumheller
              Louisa, VA
              60S-W6
              '48 M16-52 Boyer fire truck
              1/2 dozen used to be's

Comment

MyStude Baker, Just happen to have one of each a 54 Champion 2 door wagon like the one in the picture and also a "C" cab pick up truck, the truck is a V-8 with over drive 53 truck and 53 Dodge Red Ram Hemi engine both for sale and both in California, call me if you want ...Bob 510-266-2522

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studelark
                  Steve; You're correct. That's simply the rear of another vehicle sitting behind and slightly at a higher angle than the subject '54 Conestoga. Nothing weird here, no prototype, sorry.
                  I understand what you're saying, maybe I'm just being thick today, but for that to be true, wouldn't the Stude have to a be a Ute-type thing or a convertible with the top down? [:I][:I][:I]

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Yep, you are right, it has to be some kind of Wagon, because you can see the rear window opening and the right side windows from the inside! [:0]
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MyStude_Baker

Speaking about wagons. I've been looking for a Studebaker truck, but they're hard to come by, so if I can't find me a Truck, I'm thinking on buying me a Wagon. It will still be able to hold large objects I find at junkyards, I mean salvage yards. Any one selling a wagon?

1951 Commander Land cruiser
                      how many trucks do you want, and what kind. Strictly stock or? Theres quite a few for sale in AZ right now including 3 of mine.

Comment

The wagon appears to me to be a normal Conestoga wagon. We may be seeing light playing off the chrome strip along the bottom of the windows. Early film was notorious for tricking the eye with reflections of that sort. As it was said above, if you look through the windows, it can be seen that the body lines look quite normal.

sals54
                        sals54

Comment

Does the Connie have backup lights?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                          In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                          If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Some Conestoga's had back up lights at the side rear of the car. the car in question is a 1954 Commander, all looks normal to me
                            Commanders in 54 had the full length chrome strip just above the rear wheel well, champions used a aprox. 36" thin strip at the back. or none at all.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I have a 73xxx mile 55 Conestoga all original v-8 auto,i would sell if it doesnt sell at the Tulsa meet.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X