smooth and quite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smooth and quite

when i bought my lark last year it ran good but sounded like a rattle in the engine. i figured it was a heat riser or something and since i have not worked on one of these oldies for years i let it go.then in oct. when i was putting it to sleep for the winter i got looking around and sure enough it was the water pump.so i waited till last month for some warm weather and finally put a new pump on also fixing a leak in the radiator and all new hoses.when i fired it up last week i could not believe how quite it ran the only sound was the ticking of the valves,.finally get some warm weather so im hitting the road on sunday....im ready........

mine is quite quiet too.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yeah, get used to the tappets ticking

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Now that the salt is off the roads, she is getting back into regular rotation!

Comment

How about the wrist pins knocking?

Comment

Sadly, I finally got my 54 Coupe to quiet down a little too. I was running 2 1/2 inch pipes which ran through dual chamber Flowmaster mufflers. They dumped right in front of the rear axle so it was quite loud. We're in the process of doing some fixin' on the car. I moved the gas tank to center it between the frame rails, then went to the muffler shop and had him run the dual pipes out the back. Still sounds great, but is much quieter. I may have to ad cutouts just to have some fun at the shows.

sals54
          sals54

Comment

Working...
          X