Studebaker On Tulsa News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker On Tulsa News

He bought the Speedster on E-Bay with no seats.

Click on Studebaker. You will have to watch a ad first.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Congrats Carl, nice sound bite, a lot longer than most broadcasters give.

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Nice spot. Their weatherman needs some humor lessons, though!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Now that the salt is off the roads, she is getting back into regular rotation!

Comment

Congrats Carl and Bruce,

When I was President of the Northeast OK Chapter I tried to notify the press and get some positive coverage, but never succeeded. I am glad you guys finally got some decent local news coverage. I miss you guys since moving away from Tulsa and its good to know the chapter is still up and running. I'll plan on coming to the meet next year when my Avanti is finished undergoing its rebirth.

Take Care,

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386
        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

John how did you get studedudes and my truck all in the same picture. That was in OKC wasn't it? When we left that show and got on I-35 a guy picked a race with me in a Chevy truck. He lost.

Comment

Yes this was the zone meet in OKC that alternates between N. Texas chapter and the OKC chapter every other year. I believe this meet was held at Crossroads Mall. That meet was probably the best my Avanti every looked (it good day for her). And I wanted my car framed by two great vehicles yours and Dave's Sheba. My car is in Ohio being remanufactured by Michael Myer, hopefully she will be back for meets next year. To borrow a line from an old TV show "The Six Millon Dollar Man" .... we can build him better, stronger, faster!

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
            sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

See you there Carl. Be the first Spring meet I've attended without some sort of 'Baker.

Ebon...

"I sweat alot to keep others cool"

Comment

Saw it on this mornings news wasn't expecting it.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

As a former TV guy, take my word, it was a nice segment...very long by todays' standards.
                  Well done!

Let us know if it helped the public turnout for your meet!

Hopefully, other chapters will remember this to promote their events.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Dave do you know where it is at. Hilton 7902 S. Lewis ave. Across from Oral Roberts University

Comment

Joe and I will be there for a while on Saturday if all goes according to plan.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Great 52Fan was hoping to meet you, I'll be there tomorrow and saturday will try to bring both the 55 and 64. The g/f got a new carpet cleaner, It has an attachment for hand work and i tried it out on my upholstry, worked great.Even washed the car tonight, I'm ready for some great Stude'n.

Comment

The Midway Chapter is sending a few members to Tulsa. Bill Jones & Larry Tholen should arrive on Friday, and I am riding down from Wichita with Frank Harvey early Saturday morning for a few hours to glad hand old friends and perhaps buy some parts or other goodies.

Hope to see you all there (and hoping the rain stays away).

Chris Pile
                          Midway Chapter SDC
                          The Studebaker Special
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Larry Tholen's truck got a mile from the house and quit he went back and got his car and left the truck in a parking lot till he got back.

Comment

Guess i wasnt there today to entertain you Mr Lester i took my car(64) over there and came back home to clean up the Conestoga. Went back tonight around 7pm and there were about 10 cars there helped one fellow and brought his battery back home to charge all night. (He lost a generator in his 62 hawk) Last yeat i had to take him to the parts store to get a starter, so i ask him if he only came to Tulsa to work on his car

Comment

Working...
                              X