Confused about carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about carpet

What was the original carpet in 1954? Was it plush or ribbed? What colors were available? My trim package is 8024 GRN-112. If any one could e-mail a photo of the original in green or any color, it would be greatly appreciated.

Floor coverings varied in type and color for 1954 models. You don't state what car you are referring to.
    For 1953-1954 base model C/Ks, the floor covering was rubber. The fancy models had carpet. At least for 1953, the carpet was brown/tan mohair with horsehair woven throughout. 1954 added more color to the interiors, including carpets. In 1954 sedans, coupes and hardtops, selection of one of 12 solid or 10 two-tone exterior colors included harmonizing carpet color.
    This isn't a direct answer to what you seek, but it may help you, or others.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

not sure about '54 but I had my hands on a NOS '55 C-K carpet last time I saw Dennis (must have been Reedsville?) and it was a very tight loop pile, almost German looking.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

The car is a 1954 Land Cruiser, the interior is green. I have a sales brochure that shows that the carpet with my trim package is dark green, but I can't tell if the carpet is ribbed (loop) or plush (cut pile). Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X