Lark steering wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark steering wheels

What color combination did the lark steering wheels come in and would that steering wheel bolt on to a GT Hawk steering column?
    Peter Bishop

Lots of combinations and solid colors. They were complimentary to all the different interior colors for the Larks. Red, blue, black, green, tan etc... If 2-tone, the complimentary color was "usually" white.

Yes, it's a direct bolt-on... but sometime in '62/3 they changed the turn signal system and horn switch. I believe all the Hawks to '64 used the plastic turn signal & "ring-type" cancellor switch. The horn wire went down through the steering column. (Ross)
    Also, the horn rings are different- with the different style of spokes on the wheel itself (changed in '62 I think)

I think the change was when the Larks used the Saginaw Recirculating Ball steering box...

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

I agree. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
      X