1923 Studebaker 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1923 Studebaker 6

I have owned this car for 50 years, but it has been stored for nearly 30. A friend is trying to get it running again. The round insert in the dashboard that has the on/off switch and the light switch needs to be replaced. Does anyone have any ideas? We may need more help. Thanks! John Simmermaker johnsimmermaker@hotmail.com 574-225-1411

John,I thought someone with more knowledge than I would have answered by now but first,Post this in the antique studebaker forum.You can access it from the home page of this forum.They specialize in these older cars. Just to get it going you should be able to rig something with the various generic switches available at local auto parts stores,even heavy duty toggle switches will work assuming yours are bad. I am not that familiar with those cars but if you are talking about the actual insert piece I think it is wood. A good cabinet maker should be able to make it for you. Good Luck,Steve
    sigpic

Comment

I have the bits and pieces from about 4 switches. If you can figure out what pieces you need, email me.
      George Rohrbach
      georgr@ptd.net

Comment

If the switch you have looks this they can usualy be disassembled and fixed (if not too bad).The switch handles are zinc die-cast and typically swell, split and break over time. They can be "carefully" driven out from the back side and replaced. Steven Muntz makes reproduction handles (check for his contact information on the Antique Studebaker Club website). Additonally the entire switch assemblies show up on ebay every now and then and you may be able to buy a working unit to replace your current one. Good luck.

Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
        1961 Lark Crusier
        1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...