• Show
Clear All

• Hangtown: Nice Article on Early Stude History

Nice web article (and Podcast, too!)
    Jeff[8D]

(podcast)
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Placerville is a very neat place to visit. The ElDorado County Museum has an original Studebaker wheelbarrow. I don't know whether they still have it or not, but at the annual county fair they used to have John M. Studebaker Wheelbarrow races as one main event (ranked right up with the lumberjack contests). The object of the race was to load a replica wheelbarrow with a given amount of rock or gravel and go over an obstacle course. There is also a beautiful 19th century hotel downtown that has a Studebaker suite.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by 53k

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Nice web article (and Podcast, too!)
      Jeff[8D]

First time i went there just to see the Blacksmith shop where wheel barrow jhonny worked. No one at the historical site knew where it was. Except an 18 year old volunter (which i personally thought was cool) It's right across the street she said where that parking lot is. There's a plaque inside the fast food resturant thats all thats left. But she did have a nice little hand out about it.

Interesting note, the original name was Dry Diggings

Comment

Working...
      X