This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion 6 engine

I often see people disparaging the little champion 6. I guess I am different. I think they are a honey of a little motor. Simple and easy to fix, easy on gas with OD, and still get you where you want to go. (eventually) I often hear people say they removed the six and transmission and sent it to the dump. Please do not do that, find some kook like me and give it to them. I have no beef with those who like the V-8 and want to install them into their cars or those who want to install an SBC for a more modern power plant and transmission. Just please pass on the parts you do not want or need.

If you live in the Houston or Austin area and you are going to send your 6 cyl stuff to the scrap yard, contact me and I'll come get it.

Help me keep my Studes on the road!

Jim Beard
    979-661-1948

If you are ever in Oklahoma look me up I've got about 5 that needs a home and a bunch of parts.

Comment

If you are ever in Oklahoma look me up I've got about 5 that needs a home and a bunch of parts.

Comment

Ditto exactly what Jim said!

Except I'm in the Northeast

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Ditto exactly what Jim said!

Except I'm in the Northeast

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Forget it Robert (Bams50)! We got dibs on them down here in the Lone Star State!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas
            - with a hopped up Champion Six!

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Forget it Robert (Bams50)! We got dibs on them down here in the Lone Star State!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon
              - with a hopped up Champion Six!

Paul Simpson
              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

feel free to send one north of the border too for anyone that doesn't need a spare 6 [8D]

Comment

feel free to send one north of the border too for anyone that doesn't need a spare 6 [8D]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Yeah-well-you can't tell me you'd come way up here for one!!

That's where I come in...[]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Yeah-well-you can't tell me you'd come way up here for one!!

That's where I come in...[]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Bob,

I have about 1/2 dozen here that I can hook you up with. Throw 'em in the trunk of the next Lark you get from Frank.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Bob,

I have about 1/2 dozen here that I can hook you up with. Throw 'em in the trunk of the next Lark you get from Frank.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Y'know, Gary- I am trying to formulate a plan to get some more stuff outta there... thought about a trailer and my torches to score a load of hard parts, and that 59... if I can come up with a feasible plan, I know Frank would give me a good deal on a load...

If I can come up with a viable hauler, you can bet I'll be lookin' up what you've got!! [8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Y'know, Gary- I am trying to formulate a plan to get some more stuff outta there... thought about a trailer and my torches to score a load of hard parts, and that 59... if I can come up with a feasible plan, I know Frank would give me a good deal on a load...

If I can come up with a viable hauler, you can bet I'll be lookin' up what you've got!! [8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X