Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

That has to be set up ahead of time with the Robert Bosch company, I do believe...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by starliner62

Anyone planning a tour on the swap meet weekend? (wishful thinking!)[[}]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

There was an 'official' tour, just earlier this month...

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I didnt find out about this until a couple of days ago but on the Michiana Chapter of The Studebaker Drivers Club's website they list something on Sunday May 3 of the crossroads zone meet.

It says...

SUNDAY, MAY 3, 2009

9:00 AM STUDEBAKER ONLY PROVING GROUNDS TOUR RESERVATIONS ARE REQUESTED
        (@ BENDIX TEST TRACK)

There's something about it on the flier they have on their site too.
        I never heard anything about this zone meet. A few people said look in Turning Wheels but I didn't see anything in there either.

I never heard about this earlier tour and the link doesn't seem to work anymore.[?]

Someone wanted to get some cars out of there, I said I'd help but never heard anymore about it.

Anybody hear anything more about foundry tours? It would be nice to see it before it's torn down.

Comment

The link I posted.. The website comes and goes. Wait 10 minutes, and try it again.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

The link I posted.. The website comes and goes. Wait 10 minutes, and try it again.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

yeah, that's weird, it just worked but no pictures showed up, I refreshed it and then it wouldn't work again.
            I guess they didn't need my help.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

That's a "geocities" free website. They only allow so much bandwidth on the free sites. They overload easily. For about $5 a month they could handle all the hits with no changes to the website. I have about 5 geocities sites that I maintain and pay the minimum monthly fee to avoid the vapor locking from too many hits.

Frank Remlinger
              SDC# A004602R
              Frank Remlinger
              Detroit, Michigan
              SDC# A004602R

Comment

Ah... and here I was beginning to think it was located in Hogwarts' Room of Requirement.[)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona

I didnt find out about this until a couple of days ago but on the Michiana Chapter of The Studebaker Drivers Club's website they list something on Sunday May 3 of the crossroads zone meet.

I never heard anything about this zone meet. A few people said look in Turning Wheels but I didn't see anything in there either.

Besides being in Larry Swanson's "What's Happening" listing, there is a display ad on page 21 of the April Turning Wheels.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

quote:Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona

Besides being in Larry Swanson's "What's Happening" listing, there is a display ad on page 21 of the April Turning Wheels.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    ok, thanks, I see it now, I was looking for a larger ad.

Comment

Working...
                    X