finding rear end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding rear end

have 4.5.6. gears in my 52 re gal starliner,looking for 4.1.0.part nums.529022,22.and529025.a num 25';will the 410 be good enough at take offaND GET LOWER R.P.M At highway speed.thanks gary.roseville ca.

gary grant

It will if you have Overdrive, if you are running straight 3 speed Manual or Automatic, it will still be over-revving, in that case you need 3.54 gears or even 3.31 if Your Regal Starliner is a Commander V-8, a Champion 6 could use 3.73 or 3.54.

There are RPM calculators, if you know your tire diameter, you enter the axle ratio, speed and Trans. type and it can find the RPM. Try: Randy's Ring and Pinion at: http://www.ringpinion.com/Calc_RPM.aspx

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

situdrich,thanks for reply,my 52 regal starliner is 6 3-speed.o.d. i thought icould only use2 rear ends'4.1,410.where can i find one?thanks gary.

gary grant

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

A 4.10 would be a perfect setup in that car. My uncle's '51 Starlight coupe, 6 cylinder with Overdrive, has a 4.10 and it's just right. [^]

I see that you're in CA. There's lots of Stude guys out that way. Ask around, I'm sure someone has a rear laying around.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
        X