john clary miniature querry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john clary miniature querry

I was just curious since you changed your signature pic (and added another Stude to the herd) if it means we can anticipate the addition of another mini car []?

Can't wait to drive my V-8!
    '63 Lark

Thanks for inquiring. I was inspired to go after the "Minni's" from a little blurb in turning wheels years ago. It revealed that many of the little pedal cars of the early '50's were "caricatures" of the '47-'49 Studebaker's. I have seen them with decals claiming to be fords and Chevy's, but when parked next to the Studebaker, it is obvious what they are. So...my first was the one painted to match my '48 coupe.
    I will confess, the truck is a product of my being at the "trash dump" (or to you PC folks "convenience center") and pulling in behind a woman in a pick up truck. Among the heap of trash in her truck was a rusty, smashed up, bullet riddled pedal car. She seemed somewhat befuddled when I asked if I could have it, but gladly surrendered it to me. When I returned home, I got the same befuddled look from my wife as I hung it from the rafters in my "Man Cave."

Last fall, I went to a cruise in with the coupe and everyone fawned over the pedal car. That inspired the truck project. So, I evicted a colony of wasps and fell into "Project Mode." With the help of my sheet metal brake (two pieces of angle iron, a vice and dead blow hammer), cut off discs, MiG welder, and a few additional tools,(C-Clamps of course) , I was able to cobble together a "caricature" of a truck.

I would love to have a bullet nose. The only ones I have seen were made in Russia. I very nice fellow whose name I don't recall, used to show up at the NC "tri-state" meet with a couple of them. I will try to include a couple of pics. Hope they are not too large to offend anyone.

Work in process...
    [img][/img]

The Russian peddal car...
    [img][/img]

John Clary
    Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Those are quite nice John.The truck is especially cool! There was a 57 hawk pedal car advertised several months ago in a trade paper in TN but I could never get an answer when I called about it. They wanted what I thought was too much for it but I would have liked to see it and try to buy it anyway. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X