Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christine the Cruzin Cooler

[}]
    The Cooler has President Script on the sides and a Bulletnose.
    I took my cooler we will call her [}]Christine from now on to the Tower Car Show Saturday. 400 Cars there great show. Rode [}]Christine all over her battery wore out on her. Well our friend Bruce helped me to get our cars back home I managed to bring three of our cars to the show. It was three blocks from our house so I would walk back home and drive another one there. Anyhow after it was over Bruce offered to drive Gus home for me I drove Mabel then walk back to get the Hawk and his 50 Stude.
    We get to my house and he unloads [}]Christine takes her in the house she can barely pull herself battery seemed really down. Well we get inside the house I go to the restroom leaving Bruce to put her on the back porch. Well he shuts the switch off goes to close the door so my dogs don't get into the house. All of a sudden[}] Christine just takes off. Mind you the switch is off . She goes across the back porch pins Mac up against the dryer the other dog makes it out the doggie door. Bruce is chasing it across the room finally gets ahold of it turns it on its side so that the drive wheel is off of the ground. About this time I come out of the bathroom hear this motor just racing full blast, never has that motor had that kind of speed. I find poor Bruce on the back porch with [}][}]Christine I lift the top and keep trying wires to finally get one unplugged so that it stops. The breaker , off on switch nothing worked. The Battery wires are soldered on. Mac my puppy is 10 months old now 100 lbs and scared to death of [}]Christine now. The speed control circuit went out on it. I ordered a new one then I thought that I should let the Cruzin Cooler people know. Can you imagine if that would have happened at The car Show. It could have been sitting there all by itself and just taken off. It wasn't under warranty or anything. So I just called and told the service people to let them know what happened. They said they had 3 other reported incidents of the same thing happening. I guess I was lucky.
    You will be happy to know that we are putting a kill switch on it so this will never happen again.
    Just a warning to other owners of them.
    And it was really funny.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

My shop won one of those, or very similar, last year from Snap-On. On his weekly visit, the rep just brought it in out of the blue and saod, "You won this!" Gave it to one of the guys; I think the motor's burned out now. They had fun with it for a while though!

I told them they need to give it the Tim Allen treatment- soup it up with a big compressor motor or something Thanks for sharing that, Ann!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

In all good humor:
      insert Simpsons excerpt

"Bar- My motor's gone loco, no not the birdhouse, my prized orchids!! No, not my memoirs, don't even think about!!" [)]

I'm sorry it just reminded me of that bit, when the cooler took off.

I do feel bad for the dog. We have pets here where if they see an out of control object, no matter how small or large, that they have never experienced before they want to run in the other direction, which can be good. It looked like he was going for a spot on the highest spot off of the floor, which looked like your shoulders(I'm thinkin of Marmaduke comic strips here ). What would be kinda neat is if you're goin' for the kill switch I wonder if its possible to get a big red button to hit, to stop the cart like an emergency shutoff switch for a shop .

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/DSC00017-1-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
      [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
      [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Sounds scary Anne.Maybe you should change the name ,Cristine was evil ya know.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Working...
        X