Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R1 Wagonaire production order arrived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 Wagonaire production order arrived today!

I don't think there are any suprises here, but I'm no expert at decifering these things, anything jump out at ya?

[img][/img]

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Did all the 63s come with the sliding roof? I see there is no mention of it on the built sheet.

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The wet air cleaner was not available with the Avanti engine.

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

I was wondering about that air cleaner, it definatly has the chrome air cleaner, but I don't know what the wet air cleaner is.

John

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Is the HD Flightomatic the column or the Powershift(floor). Ordinarily, the JT engines had the Powershift floor model, rather than the column version. I have only ever seen one other, that was a Lark with the JTS engine, have the column Flightomatic from the factory.

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000145-1.jpg[/img=left][IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
          [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

It's the column shift, I know there are only 4 other R1 wagons listed on the JT registry, but I don't know what tranny they have. Some of the owners listed are on this forumn, hopefully they will respond with the info.

John

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

I know of a JTS GT which has the column shift as well. It panned out as a factory install. I thought that was weird, too.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

wet air cleaner is the oil bath style.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thats what I was assuming, It definatly does NOT have an oilbath air cleaner.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Michael Float who sometimes posts on here has a '63 Wagonaire with R1, but his car is a 3 speed on the column.

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey Matthew does he know about the JT registry, I just looked and he's not on it. I am going to register soon. so far there is only 4 Wagons on it.

James Bell
                      Alan Songer
                      Nelson Bove
                      Mark Dahl

Does anybody know anything about their cars?

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

i have a 63 GT Hawk parts car with JT engine and HD flightomatic. so they are out there, however few they may be
                        1964 GT Hawk R1 (full package)

Comment

To straighten out a couple things for you, John:

1. The car was built too early to have a floor (Powershift) automatic. The build date of Oct 17, 1962 was almost four months before Powershift Automatic became available on Larks and Hawks.

2. If it has an automatic transmission, it would have been built with either a standard-duty Flightomatic or a Heavy-Duty Flightomatic. Your Build Order indicates HD, so look to see if the transmission has cooler lines running to a lower tank in the bottom of the radiator. If it does, it's an HD unit.

3. The fixed-roof wagon option didn't come along that early, although I can't say for sure when it did become available. A car this early would have no mention of a sliding or fixed roof on the Build Order because, at the time, they all had sliding roofs.

4. The Wet Air Cleaner specified was likely an error, and one that has been made before; i.e., specified but not installed on the car in production. R1 engines did have the thin-profile, flash-chrome air cleaner with which I think you said your car is still equipped.

It's a good score and an interesting car, John. I'm glad to see it being rescued; it certainly appeared close to death! BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Whats up with the electric windows?

Option # 44 electric rear windows
                            Option # 63 electric winds

I know it has an electric rear window in the tailgate, and all the side windows are crank style. But why plural and why two different codes?

Also what does "Day 8" mean?

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Option 63 always confuses people, John. It is short for Electric Windshield Washers.

Option 44 is just that: Electric Rear Window, but they mean tailgate only. The plural "s" is simply a mistake in the order code as originally typed. (Remember, there's also a mistake in the Wet Air Cleaner specification!)

DAY 8 is simply shorthand for Daytona V-8. It could have been DAY 6 and that would denote a Daytona Six. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X