Avanti Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Antenna

Almost thru priming the Avanti. Went to take off the antenna & bent it. Anyone know where I can find a replacement antenna ?

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Are you looking for a "correct" antenna or simply an antenna that works? If you want a correct antenna, check with Dan and Betty Booth at Nostalgic Motors. What I did for my '70 when it was rebuilt was simply to go to Auto Zone and bought a more or less universal antenna that completely retracts. It works great though since it doesn't ground against the car body I ran a grounding wire to the car's frame to get an adequate ground plane as well as adapting a late-'60s Corvette antenna ground plate under the antenna for that purpose as well. I'm very pleased with the performance and it was far, far less expensive than getting a correct antenna.

You can buy a universal power antenna, but I saw no reason to do that.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Looking for a correct antenna. Thanks for the info.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

If Studebaker, 63-64. Check old radio repair shops for a after market replacement antenna for '62 Pontiac Tempest or it's sister Chevy product. The mast are identical in length, up and down.Can be used as assembled OR remove the mast and swap it with the Avanti mounting. Will require a little engineering.If I could do it any one should be able to do it.

I have the original '63 Avanti mast. Never bent, slight finish blemish on largest section. If interested email me at ltcrp@netscape.com

Richard

Comment

Contact Dave Thibeault, I purchased mine from him.

Comment

Working...
          X