need parts 59 silver hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need parts 59 silver hawk

You guys responded so well about the wheel question,thanks again.Does anyone know where I can get chrome for a 59 silver hawk? I need the strips under the quarter window,both sides.Specific to the goldenhawks and 59 only silverhawk.they are about 1 foot long and connect the door chrome and the drip edge chrome.also need the hood bubble chrome and both fender flaps and hinge plates.Any help will be great.

Aaron, welcome to SDC and to the SDC Forum, if you haven't joined SDC yet, we would be glad to have you. Maybe until you get used to using the Studebaker Parts Catalog descriptions of the parts you will need to describe some a bit more.

Ya got me on the fender flaps! You are not talking about wheel well stainless steel mouldings are you? If so they are no longer available, and the vendor who was straightening and polishing the damaged ones has quit, so until a new person steps up to that tough challenge we won't have any for a while.

I think you mean the pot metal chromed "Belt Mouldings" below the windows, and you need the ones below the rear 1/4 Windows, those are "C" Body Coupe only, and not the same as a Hardtop like a GH, also NLA.

The hood top ornament simulated hood scoop is available in new Repro for $135.00 at most of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com after you start getting your monthly Turning Wheels Magazine, these things will all be unveiled to you.

The hinge plates, I have no idea what you mean, sorry. Hinges on the Trunk, Hood, Glove Box, Gas Door, Car Doors?

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Aaron, are you looking for "like new" or are you wanting a "daily driver" quality piece? I think I have all the pieces you are looking for, but they are all daily driver, not new, shiny chrome.

sals54
      sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

I think I have all the pieces you are looking for,
        That's pretty good Sal, if you can read his mind to know what fender flaps and hinge plates are, Lol!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sorry guys,that is a bad disription for sure.The perts in question are actually vent doors located behind the front wheel openings.There is a plate that fits in the hole in the fender aswell,this plate has hinges on it.If Sal knows his hawks,then he knows just what I ment.If you have the three chrome peices I need,the condition is not an issue.If you want to unload these parts ,just let me know.

Comment

I have some new and used vent doors,just need to figure out what ones are hawk and sedan.

Joseph R. Zeiger
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
            X