• Show
Clear All

• Barrett-Jackson - Palm Beach - 2009

One Stude in catalog....(so far?)
    Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

There is a 1964 GT Super Hawk going to Barrett Jackson if he doesn't sell it first ($45,000). Listed n April TW.
    Peter Bishop

Comment

Just channel surfing Friday and watched a few minutes...
      Looks like prices are way WAY down from previous years...
      Jeff[8D]

There was a legal block put on the sale of those 80 GM vehicles from the fine people in Washington DC.
      They (Speed,Barrett-Jackson, and GM) apparently worked all night with Washington to get the legal block worked out....Figures

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I just checked...
        It sold for $11.275

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Just channel surfing Friday and watched a few minutes...
          Looks like prices are way WAY down from previous years...
          Jeff[8D]

There was a legal block put on the sale of those 80 GM vehicles from the fine people in Washington DC.
          They (Speed,Barrett-Jackson, and GM) apparently worked all night with Washington to get the legal block worked out....Figures

I watched a couple of hours of the auction last night and a little bit today. I also thought that in general the prices were way down. This seemed to apply especially to the non-Chevrolets (and some Fords). I wondered if this was a combination of the location and the economy and wondered if the same trend will hold up with the high dollar cars this weekend. I think that the everyman lower priced cars at the beginning of the auction are what will be down in price and the high dollar cars for the high rollers will maintain their price.
          The legal block on the GM cars has been lifted. Imagine travelling a long distance to the auction for some of those GM cars and then having them pulled at the beginning of the auction. I suppose that all of these GM vehicles will be sold with salvage titles, as in the past.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe the GM Collection cars are being sold with scrap titles, conventional titles, or bills of sale. Maybe some are sold with salvage titles, but, generally, GM does not want any possiblity of those sold as not approved for road use showing up on the street. Many states allow salvage titles to be rebuilt and titled for the road. For a while, and maybe currently, shops were taking salvage titles to Kentucky, which had no "salvage" designation, getting clean titles and bringing them back to Illinois with no mention of their history.

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
            Jim
            Often in error, never in doubt
            http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X