Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

51 Studebaker Champion What Air Cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Studebaker Champion What Air Cleaner?

I am getting near the end of the rolling chassis restoration work on the 51 Champ and today I started looking for the Air Cleaner (up to my you know what in parts) and believe I have determined that it was not present when I got the car (delivered as a basket case all torn apart), so to the parts book I went. The following is what I got from the book.

0303-1 519861 Air Cleaner, Carbureter - Dry (Less Governor) 10G,12G
    0303-1 526083 Air Cleaner, Carbureter - Wet (Less Governor) 10G
    0303-1 526084 Air Cleaner, Carbureter - Wet (With Governor) 10G

The carb I am using is a Carter (Model WE-715S), rebuilt by Dave T.

Here is my question[?][?]

Which one do I need and does anyone have a used one they are willing to part with at a reasonable price.

Regards,
    Jerry Johnson

Well, you want the first or second one. The first one uses the disposable paper elements (not sure how easy the elements are to find anymore)
    The second one is an oil bath unit that you periodically clean out and put fresh oil in. Both work well, but I'd bet the oil bath will be the easier one to find.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

They are on E/Bay from time to time. I think 47-52 Champion will fit. You might check with some of the vendors for NOS air filter or perhaps one of them might have a nice used one. Have a great Studebaker day!!! [8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Thanks Gary and Mr. Biggs. I had not though about ebay, I will keep following Stude stuff there and see if I can find one.

Regards,
        Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X