PDA

View Full Version : Public thanks for Studebaker friends..

Bill Pressler
04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I want to "publicly" thank friends Joe Kastellic and Dave Arnold for helping me yesterday, with some smaller but essential things on my new '64 Daytona. Dave fixed the bothersome reclining seat problem, and both he and Joe helped lubricate the window mechanisms on both front doors which were very stiff to operate.

I very much appreciate the assistance, less than two weeks after I received the car, to boot!

I believe these guys represent the spirit of the majority of the SDC.

On top of this, yesterday I finally saw the June "Collectible Automobile" that has Dave's letter to the editor about Bob Palma's excellent 'Super Studebaker' article and included one of Dave's photos of my '63 Skytop!

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop

JWW
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Bill,

Did I miss the pictures, or haven't you posted them yet? :)
JWW

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk388/JWW3_2008/My%20Studes/64conv-1.jpg

Bill Pressler
04-06-2009, 03:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by JWW

Bill,

Did I miss the pictures, or haven't you posted them yet? :)
JWW

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk388/JWW3_2008/My%20Studes/64conv-1.jpg

Hi John--no, I still haven't taken any digital pictures of the car yet. Start in Columbus, OH at a new client tomorrow, so not sure when I'll get to it either!

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'64 Daytona Hardtop

bams50
04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I haven't met Joe, but that sure sounds like the Dave (barnlark) I know[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

dong
04-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Bill, what was your reclining seat problem. My Lark bucket seats recline way too much in the supposed-to-be-upright position and I cannot figure out the right way to correct the problem and am wondering if this was your problem and if so what the solution was?

Don

Bill Pressler
04-07-2009, 09:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by dong

Bill, what was your reclining seat problem. My Lark bucket seats recline way too much in the supposed-to-be-upright position and I cannot figure out the right way to correct the problem and am wondering if this was your problem and if so what the solution was?

Don

Don, I bought several of the repair pieces from SASCO. I'm out of town with work right now, but can let you know the part numbers when I get home. They are also in SI's catalog.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'64 Daytona Hardtop

Bill Pressler
04-08-2009, 06:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

quote:Originally posted by dong

Don

Don, I bought several of the repair pieces from SASCO. I'm out of town with work right now, but can let you know the part numbers when I get home. They are also in SI's catalog.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'64 Daytona Hardtop

Yes Don, basically mine wouldn't stay in the full-upright position; it would fall back to one or two 'notches' down...unsafe and uncomfortable! The big round metal 'base' parton the side (don't have a manual nearby)did need to be hammered into the seat base somewhat to eliminate some 'slop' in the way the seatback and reclining mechanism were attached to each other.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'64 Daytona Hardtop

dong
04-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Bill, Thanks for the info. Barnlark sent me procedures for fixing the seat so hopefully I will be able to sit up straight. You are correct, it is very uncomfortable.

Don