PDA

View Full Version : Lark VIII wagon, what to save?

Hippie
04-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Looks like I'm bringing home one of the 14 Iowa Craigslist Studes, then wagon with the Twin Trac, it's an automatic. Besides the drivetrain what else should I try to salvage off it? Very little of the sheetmetal appears to be any good, in the pics he sent me I even see rust holes through the roof! I'm saving the grille panel and grille for garage art and the hood if it's any good. Glass, instruments, etc. worth trying to save? TIA.

Analog man in a digital world.

58PackardWagon
04-05-2009, 06:52 PM
I have been tossing around the idea of pickng up one of the 63's. I need a few parts. Is he fair to deal with on price?

57 & 58 Packards
62 Daytona
63 R2 Lark

Ricardo
04-05-2009, 07:25 PM
All the instrument panel also makes a good garage piece of art

Studebakerchile
http://www.tuerca.cl/studebakerchile/

Hippie
04-05-2009, 07:35 PM
They're $200 a pop, take 'em or leave 'em......... so far that is. As crunch time gets closer he might negotiate but he has a standing offer of $200 each for the bunch from the scrap man and the city is on him to clean them up so I don't expect them to be there much longer.

Figuring the $200 and fuel to make the 400 mile round trip the TT and 259 make it worth while. I wouldn't want to have much more in it though, it is R-U-S-T-Y !!! I just hope we can get it up on the trailer in one piece.

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

I have been tossing around the idea of pickng up one of the 63's. I need a few parts. Is he fair to deal with on price?

57 & 58 Packards
62 Daytona
63 R2 Lark

jimmijim8
04-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Save all parts. Useable and restorable that is. After a reasonable amount of time, whatever doesn't sell, give it away or trash it. Your car, you set the price and time frame. You will have done the right thing. jimmijim

kamzack
04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
If it's a 59/60, one of the posters on tech side is looking for a windshield for a T-Cab.
Kim

Hippie
04-06-2009, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by kamzack

If it's a 59/60, one of the posters on tech side is looking for a windshield for a T-Cab.
Kim

That's the one piece that's broken and if it wasn't he'd be welcome to it but there are at least 2 other's, another '60 wagon and a '59 sedan. The other wagon appears to be the twin to the one I'm getting except no TT. I'm getting the distributor out of the other wagon as well. I'll ask when I'm there about popping a w/shield out and if he'll let me I'll snag it if I can.

bams50
04-06-2009, 06:36 PM
This might sound odd, but any pictures? I like to see junkers almost as much as nice ones[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Bordeaux Daytona
04-06-2009, 07:09 PM
well if it has the 3rd seat then that's worth saving, a bunch of people here besides myself are looking for one.

Hippie
04-06-2009, 09:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by bams50

This might sound odd, but any pictures? I like to see junkers almost as much as nice ones[8D]

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/album.sfly?sid=1AbuWzFq4bsXMA&startIndex=0&fid=a759df35407343cf

bams50
04-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks- those are twins of mine- Oasis Green. Definitely beyond restoring!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

[b]"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

kamzack
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
That fella musta contracted a real bad case a Studeitus, like somea da resta us.
I agree Bams, I like pokin around junk Studes as well. Ya dream of what ya could do with each of um or save em just in case someone needed something. I always grieve when someone tells of scrapping Studes or Hudsons, there's always something down the road ya might need. Junk yards are one of my favorite places to go.
Kim

Hippie
04-11-2009, 08:28 PM
The wagon is home and there isn't much to save. I wasn't even sure we were going to get it on the trailer in one piece. The frame is absolutely gone, bot rear leaf spring mounts were rusted/broken off the frame and I couldn't find one solid spot to put the jack. Just turning it over by hand the Twin Trac fells to be in good shape though. Couldn't get the hood up, will try that tomorrow, after 8 hours on the road we just wanted to get it off the trailer and get the truck unloaded. Will post a couple pics tomorrow. Even as ratty and nasty as it was the number of thumbs ups we got on the trip back was unreal. Must have been the red wheel and wide whitewall I put on it to get it rolling.

Sounds like we missed the really good stuff, there had been '53-'54 coupes, a Golden Hawk, '62 Hawk GT and some trucks that had already been sold. :( There are a couple tudors that are saveable and there is another one upside down with a pretty decent frame. That's the bad part, every frame I looked at was getting pretty soft. Super nice guy though. Lots of good parts still left.