PDA

View Full Version : A WORD OF THANKS

charlie
12-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Chuck and I live in Warren, OH. About 3 months ago I ran across a 1950 Land Cruiser Regal Deluxe - Model: 17A-5Y. Not being familiar with Studebakers at all, I jumped on the Internet and did a search and one of the first things I found was the SDC! I have now posted about 7 or 8 questions for help. Not knowing what to expect I was very pleasently surprised on my first question (about my fuel pump) when the replies and great advice started rolling in, as has been the case with all the questions I have posted. My car sat for 15 years before I bought it and thanks to your help, it is now on the road and running. More importantly, I have personally been able to gain a lot of knowledge and insight to the car by using your advice and contacts. I don't remember all the names of those who replied with the exception of Robert Kabchef who was just outstanding with his expertise and advice. I know it is not often the group as a whole is thanked but I want to be one of those who does. My immediate goal was just to get the car running and drive it awhile before I start the frame off restore. I figured this way I would be able to learn and know the in and outs of the Studebaker. What I didn't know was how quickly I would do it with the SDC help. Thanks to all!! Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and Properous New Year!

Chuck

BobPalma
12-15-2006, 02:28 PM
:D Anybody from Warren OH has gotta be OK, Chuck. Your town put on one helluva show and exhibited super hospitality for The 100th Anniversary Packard Meet in 1999. I hope the museum is doing well; nice folks all...and glad to hear your Land Cruiser is out and about on those same streets! [8D] BP

BobPalma
12-15-2006, 02:28 PM
:D Anybody from Warren OH has gotta be OK, Chuck. Your town put on one helluva show and exhibited super hospitality for The 100th Anniversary Packard Meet in 1999. I hope the museum is doing well; nice folks all...and glad to hear your Land Cruiser is out and about on those same streets! [8D] BP

Roscomacaw
12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Glad I could help, Chuck - and there's LOTS of specific knowledge and expertise here that just waits for the chance to share. Putting more Studes back on their "feet" is what it's all about. Please drop in when you can and share with us about your Land Cruiser's progress! [^]
ALSO! Make darned sure you set aside a day or two between June 17th and the 23rd to enjoy the Studebaker International meet which will be back in Stude's hometown of South Bend Indiana! The 21st is concours day where the most cars will be on display in one spot. Of course, the rest of the week's no slouch either with all the vendors and Studs with Studes in town. The 23rd (the last day) most of it will disappear by mid-day, so choose accordingly.:D

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/906179/2006/12/7/truckonhill3.jpg

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

Roscomacaw
12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Glad I could help, Chuck - and there's LOTS of specific knowledge and expertise here that just waits for the chance to share. Putting more Studes back on their "feet" is what it's all about. Please drop in when you can and share with us about your Land Cruiser's progress! [^]
ALSO! Make darned sure you set aside a day or two between June 17th and the 23rd to enjoy the Studebaker International meet which will be back in Stude's hometown of South Bend Indiana! The 21st is concours day where the most cars will be on display in one spot. Of course, the rest of the week's no slouch either with all the vendors and Studs with Studes in town. The 23rd (the last day) most of it will disappear by mid-day, so choose accordingly.:D

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/906179/2006/12/7/truckonhill3.jpg

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

stude freak
12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes , Chuck . Bob is a great help to all .He was one of many to answer a question I had when I first joined.I take Bobs word as "gospel" when he answers any one,as with others on here with there knowledge of Studebakers. I doubt any Stude employee had any more experience than what is on this forum.Just keep up the good work everone we rookies need you all .

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

stude freak
12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes , Chuck . Bob is a great help to all .He was one of many to answer a question I had when I first joined.I take Bobs word as "gospel" when he answers any one,as with others on here with there knowledge of Studebakers. I doubt any Stude employee had any more experience than what is on this forum.Just keep up the good work everone we rookies need you all .

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Bill Pressler
12-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear you've been helped out by this group...glad, but not surprised at all! Overall a great group, and the same could be said about the entire Studebaker Drivers Club organization.

Wow, Warren, OH! I just drove past there yesterday, en route from my home in Kent to visit my Mom in my boyhood hometown of Greenville, PA.
Man, being from Greenville, Warren was like New York City or Chicago to us...really "The Big City"!!

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of Studebakers!

Bill Pressler

Bill Pressler
12-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear you've been helped out by this group...glad, but not surprised at all! Overall a great group, and the same could be said about the entire Studebaker Drivers Club organization.

Wow, Warren, OH! I just drove past there yesterday, en route from my home in Kent to visit my Mom in my boyhood hometown of Greenville, PA.
Man, being from Greenville, Warren was like New York City or Chicago to us...really "The Big City"!!

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of Studebakers!

Bill Pressler