SMS Auto Fabrics - Headliner & Windlace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMS Auto Fabrics - Headliner & Windlace

Has anyone used SMS Auto Fabrics as a GT Hawk headliner source?

I have a sample of the material from SMS that is the exact match to my painted dot headliner material. I am considering ordering a new headliner for Jacqueline so that I can replace the slightly leaking windshield and install new windlace.

If you have used SMS as a source how did it fit?

How about SMS windlace?

I purchase some black cloth windlace from SI but have found the cloth wore too quickly and was not period correct. SI does have a new supply of Windlace has anyone tried their new type?

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
    Oakville, Ontario.
    Hamilton Chapter
    See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

If you have any questions about properly installing a headliner to not cause wrinkles, ask for tips. Many here know the proper way. Compare the new one with the old one once removed. Firstly, notice and remember as to where the sail panel area seams intersect with the backglass area and rear 1/4 window area. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Though not a Hawk, I ordered a new headliner and windlace for my '64 Commander from them. The black dot material matched the old perfectly and fit well. The windlace matched pretty well and appears more original than some of the soft cloth windlace I've seen on other cars. I did need to sew an additional tab to the windlace since the SMS stuff wasn't deep enough to meet the metal tabs.

If you call them, they will send you a sample folder containing all of the material available for your car.

~Tim

Comment

Al , that little '60 Lark I used to own I did the windlacing and headliner from them ...very good quality stuff.

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
        1964 Daytona HT
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I have not had them make anything for me, but I have bought material from them and the quality was outstanding

57 & 58 Packards
          62 Daytona
          63 R2 Lark

Comment

I had some serious issues with their service/timeline. It took them a year + to tell me they couldn't supply the fabric for my '57 Packard wagon. There is more to it than that, but essentially, that's it.

Chip
            '63 Cruiser daily driver
            '57 Packard wagon almost on the road!
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
            X