original seats??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original seats??

can these possibly be original seats? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...1%7C240%3A1318

Jim Rostron
    Jim Rostron

Only the ones in the back.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

But for a driver, those seats are fine. I don't think an original front bench or a set of Stude buckets would be hard to find if you wanted original ones. I just know I wouldn't bother .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The light colored part of the door panels have been dyed to match the seats apparently. Looks like a decent car, the transplanted front seats will be more comfortable than original.

The engine compartment is extra clean and rust free, with what appears to be an added or re-located 2nd. horn to the right of the Radiator.
        Also has a Chrysler Alternator, seems well maintained.

The wheels are Ford or Dodge with a wider track, and that roof rack is interesting, if we could see it closer, maybe we could tell if it is a correct Studebaker accessory, it sure is not a '64 rack though.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's definitely a Studebaker, you can tell by looking at the body! Ha Ha!!!!

Jim Rostron
          Jim Rostron

Comment

Rich, do you think that dash is an original color, or dyed as well? I wondered if it was an original interior with the buckets recovered to match.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Rich, do you think that dash is an original color, or dyed as well? I wondered if it was an original interior with the buckets recovered to match.
              I really can't say without seeing the car, the Vinyl looks so nice having been treated with Armorall or something to make it shine that it is real hard to tell without seeing it in person, it is close to the stock Brown color. But I think you are right, it is possible that the darker brown on the door panels and dash were also dyed to all match the seat color.
              Without that excessive light on the interior I think you would discover that lighter color is not White like it looks, but Beige. [^]

It is clear to me that a LOT of work and money has gone into this interior and maybe the car, and the seller probably has has no idea, like most who say: "all original"!
              The difference is this one is nicely done, I recognize that dash pad as one of the higher quality Canadian '66 ones, notice the "dish" in the small right side piece by the door.
              This car if as advertised rust wise, is a good deal. [^]

UPDATE: OH, OH !... Battery hold down alert! this one appears to be there, but just laying there, but the Batt. has slipped off of it's pad and slid into the core support! Hmmm ...a BRAKE test maybe!
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

But for a driver, those seats are fine. I don't think an original front bench or a set of Stude buckets would be hard to find if you wanted original ones. I just know I wouldn't bother .
                Those seats are really nice;I wonder what they were in originally?They look like a direct bolt-in,that or the installer is pretty skilled at metalwork.I have been looking for a drivers' side black bucket seat for the Daytona for about three years now.This included placing ads in Turning Wheels and the Studebaker Swap page.The only ones I have seen at swap meets are torn-up mildewed examples that are going for $100 and up.No thanks;I'll just get along with my tattered Hawk seat with the t-shirt, duct-taped,carpet padding with more duct tape, trash bag covered with an oddball seat cover I got at the bargain bin at Trash Auto, thank you very much.Oh did I mention that it was a passenger seat CASO rigged to fit the drivers' side?[)]Kind of like an ex-girlfriend-not pretty but it works!!
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Comment

Just a suggestion here Rusty, if you put your comments OUTSIDE of the [ and ] thingy, we will will actually be able to READ it, instead of ignoring it thinking it was something already said by Tom.

Also you can delete the html language from his post to delete repeating his large signature over again, making it look like it is HIS post.

Once you learn how to customize these posts, it is amazing what you can do! [B)]
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This must have been a system faux pas;I have replied to many posts and this is the first time that it's happened.I didn't do anything different this time around.My humble apologies to Swifster and the Reverend.[:I]As Paul LeMat said to Mackensie Phillips in 'American Graffiti',"I was a dirty bird, Carol's not grungy,she's b...."

Comment

Working...
                    X