lark interior pics needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lark interior pics needed

I've found a pair of studebaker late buckets, (still looking for a console) and will soon take the car to the upholstery shop. I struggle with selecting paint colors (schemes) and interiors. the car is white but will see a color change in the next 2 yrs.
    So I need pictures of lark interiors. The car is a 60 2dr sedan. I'd like to stay somewhat period correct however not looking to build a 400 pt car.
    Websites, pictures, ideas would be apprecitated.
    Thanks
    Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    57 SH (project)

Russ--

Ask Bob "2R5"...he had a gorgeous '60 Lark 2dr post in Gulfstream Blue for a while, I have to think he has pix of the interior.

I'll hunt round in my own stuff, too...there's at least one '60 2dr in the chapter right now and I'm certain I have at least a couple interior shots of that one...

S.

Comment

For 1960...I really like Jonquil Yellow/Colonial Red

I tried to talk him into black carpet- but he wanted red. I thought the interior was "too much red"...

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

That looks like Maroon, actually more like Burgundy Ray, closer to a late '64 Avanti, and no where near a Bright, True Red like a '60. Looks good though, the work is excellent![^]

These two exterior views of Colonial Red are way closer to the Interior Color.

StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

These help, Russ[?]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

That looks like Maroon Ray, closer to a '63-'64 and no where near a Bright, True Red like a '60. Looks good though, the work is excellent![^]
            That's the problem with photos/computer monitors. They don't always "look" right on the screen. It is probably the FLASH that makes it look washed-out and milky.

Believe me.. It's COLONIAL RED. mixed to match the original color EXACTLY. Tell the NOS Door panels they aren't the right color... Seats and other items are Phantom.

Ray

Ray

Comment

There is a difference in console and mounting plates between GT Hawks and Larks. You will need the appliable ones for proper fit. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:
                These two exterior views of Colonial Red are way closer to the Interior Color.

My point exactly... those cars don't even "APPEAR" to be the SAME color... But they ARE Colonial Red... (I assume- because you told me.. perhaps I should take your word for it )

Ray

Ray

Comment

real helpful [}]
                  quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

These help, Russ[?]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

57 SH (project)

57 SH (project)

Comment

i've got lark seats and mounting plates, are the consoles different also??
                    quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

There is a difference in console and mounting plates between GT Hawks and Larks. You will need the appliable ones for proper fit. jimmijim

57 SH (project)

57 SH (project)

Comment

I have some pictures of '59 and '60 Lark interiors, but none have a console. I hope the colors will help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I like the brown one. I've learned something already and that is that solid colors must have been the thing to do.
                        What trans are you running?
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Mulberry, FL

[/quote]

57 SH (project)

57 SH (project)

Comment

Here is the original interior in my 50K mile 1960 W4. Got to love the black and red...

Best of luck.

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                          [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rusty nut garage

I like the brown one. I've learned something already and that is that solid colors must have been the thing to do.
                            What trans are you running?
                            Russ, none of those are mine. If I see a hot rod Studebaker on the net or at a shop I save or take pictures for ideas for my own cars. I have a '64 Daytona with buckets and a console in blue that needs to be completely redone. Those just happen to be the three cars I have interior pictures for on those models.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Barnlark Dave's '60 vert has just about the nicest stock-look '59/60 Lark interior I've ever seen (his photo):

On the other hand, I've always liked the seat details in this mild custom '64 Daytona (NOT my car either, d@$%it, and never was):

And those teaser shots in Tom's post above, of the set-up in that dark brown four-speed, are most definitely tasty - any chance we might see more of that one, Tom?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                              In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                              If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Working...
                              X