Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drive your Studebaker on XM/Sirrius Radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive your Studebaker on XM/Sirrius Radio?

'Just got back midnight Tuesday from 5 days in the DC area, visiting our son Joe and seeing the 1964 Daytona Wagonaire advertised in the April Turning Wheels. (As most of you know, I am seriously looking for a factory Astra White 1964 Daytona Wagonaire, but not that one for that kind of money. I'll not critique the car here, but PM if you are interested in buying it and want an on-site report. I examined the car and drove it Monday, March 30th.)

Anyway, on the plane from Atlanta to Indianapolis about 11:15PM Tuesday evening, I was listening to the in-flight oldies XM radio channel, "50s at 5." DJ was a Brian Carter. Of course, I have no idea if it was live, or where/when it was taped.

All of a sudden, Brian introduces another 50s song with 50s-era banter that included his admonishing listeners to "Fire up the Studebaker and go for a drive!"[]

Hey, ya' gotta love that! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Hey Bob The Studebaker name has also been in the spotlight as of late with the talk om GM going away. I have heard several references to the brand, mostly "hey we let Studebaker go under why not GM"

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

I listen to 50's on 5 everyday - love that station. They not only play the hits from the 50s, but also all the others we have forgtten about.

Comment

Working...
      X